1.9 SDI Cutting out , very strange

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mortzz
New
Drives: 1.9 SDI

1.9 SDI Cutting out , very strange

Post by mortzz »

Hi all my 1.9 SDI 2004 plate has just over 172000 on the clock and is normally ultra relaiable, i service this car and always change the things like the fuel filter and anything else , never had a engine issue, so i was on my way to Wales and got there no problem around 200 miles, so we travelled to other places while we was there and on our way back to were we was staying the oil light came on and the engine with in seconds shut down , i imediateley checked the oil and it was on normal, tryed to start the car , would not start, phoned the AA and waited say 40 minutes, the AA plugged in the scanner to find nothing, went to start the engine and it came back into life with seemingley no issues, drove around 1 hour back no issues, next day we was going home , so we traveled for around 1 hour before stopping for services, it started and reved high with my foot no were near the throttle then stopped and would not restart, left it 10 minutes then it started , it stopped again around 10 minutes later, phoned AA again nothing on the scanner, he used a hammer and steele rod to bang on the EGR valve incase it was coked up and banged on throttle body, again it started and drove another 2 hours back home, once back i put new EGR valve on and fuel filter and checked throttle body whitch was ok, car ran great for a couple of days the this morning the oil light came on and it shut down, waited 5 minutes then started and again has ran with no issues, can anyone shed any light on this issue
mortzz
New

Re: 1.9 SDI Cutting out , very strange

Post by mortzz »

Also I have replaced with new EGR and Fuel Filter, made no difference
mortzz
New

Re: 1.9 SDI Cutting out , very strange

Post by mortzz »

Also I have replaced with new EGR and Fuel Filter, made no difference