Location of SD card slots

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rogdodge
New
Drives: highline

Location of SD card slots

Post by rogdodge »

I recently bought a 2021 VW Polo. It came with Discover Pro and the navigation works. I wanted to update the nav but I cannot locate the SD card. It may be because this Polo came with navigation already installed. I don't know. :oops: Unfortunately no information booklet came with the car (my fault). There are no slots in the glove box similar to those I have seen on Youtube. Although, there is a small one on the LHS of the glove box but I am reluctant to use it as it may be media. I would be grateful for a bit of guidance.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Location of SD card slots

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Hi rogdodge and welcome to the forum.

The location of the SD slots is located in the cubby hole or glove box. When you open it look up inside and you should notice them. If memory serves there also small LED's that light up if the lights are on making them easier to find.

While not a POLO this video should help you find it:
https://youtu.be/SE7jzKsEC58?t=56

Since you have Discover Pro their should be 2 slots, one for the NAV and the other for your music.

Hope this helps.
rogdodge
New

Post by rogdodge »

HI OomStu_ZA,
I am afraid not. I have attached an image of the glove box. All I can see is a holder for an SD card.
Attachments
IMG_2184.JPG
IMG_2184.JPG (3.66 MiB) Viewed 3205 times
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@rogdodge; if your car is a facelift model Polo or one of the very last pre-facelift Polo’s, then I think that with VW’s latest infotainment units, sat nav updates happen automatically ‘over the air’ (OTA) and you don't need to update maps by hand any more. I dare say you’ll see a message on screen either telling there’s an update.

That’s why you don’t have an SD car or SD slot.
rogdodge
New

Post by rogdodge »

@SRGTD: In the handbook there is something about OCU and eSIM. I have to go to the garage on Tuesday. I will see what they have to say. Thank you both for your help. 👍
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

No worries mate, I think SRGTD has answered the question correctly, My vehicle is pre facelift.
rogdodge
New

Post by rogdodge »

Just an update to close this Thread.

It was a bit of a faffle (I am not used to modern telephones), but I managed to install We-Connect after finding my way through the QR maze. Yesterday morning I started the car and got a message to say there were updates. GREAT! One of these was for the Nav. Not sure what the rest were for. But, no matter. My navigation is working almost as well as my TomTom, although I will keep my GO 5000 in the glove box, just in case. :D

Thanks to all for your help patience.