Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by patil »

As in line with previous discussions, I would like to add additional information about maps displayed on cluster and MIB.

Yes it is possible to display google maps via Android auto in MIB and inbuilt VW map on AID. See picture below.

But when we select a destination for route guidance on google maps on MIB... inbuilt map display is cutoff on AID with a message, see below.

As iichel says, it is possible to have simultaneous display of inbuilt maps on MIB2.5 with toolbox, but then Master ciclo has a valid point. What additional benefit we get having simultaneous display other than just a eye candy.😅
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

patil wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:23 pm
ciclo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:30 am My dear Doctor, do you want to remove these bugs from your VCDS Autoscan or Diagnostic Protocols?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address BB: Door Rear Drv
Cannot be reached

Address BC: Door Rear Pass
Cannot be reached

You can do it easily with ODIS E.🤗
Yes, please tell me how to do it. I thought this happens due to missing rear door control modules. :)
viewtopic.php?p=592578#p592578
Please read until the end of the post.
You just have to scrupulously follow the update of 12/12/2022,
i.e.
- First - 'Automatically' coding the Coding Bus Master of the 'GW'. (the key)
- Second - Immediately afterwards, 'Automatically' coding the Coding Bus Master of the door modules. You may have to restart ODIS E - exit/open again - for each door module.

It can be done on the test bench or directly in the car.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Dear Master

I tried precisely the steps you told me, but nothing changes. I tried few times and with both VAS 6154 and VAS 5054A, still the same. Am I missing something 🤔
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Well, after I discovered the procedure that I previously commented, I have removed those 'bugs' without problems on multiple occasions of all the door modules that I have had (new, olds, originals, flashed, etc ... many) with ODIS-E 12.2.0 - VAS 6154 or VAS 5054.

I also told Slavik the procedure and I suppose that it also worked for him and his new front doors modules - P version HW/SW - (although he had a beautiful project for the rear door modules that I do not know if he finally carried out in his magnificent Golf Variant 💎).

On the other hand, my ODIS-E 12.2.0 works with an update of projects (PostSetup) of higher versions, being possible due to some magical potion that some magician/sorcerer cooked in his pot. 🧙‍♂️😄
Hmm... consult and request the download links to Slavik in case it is possible to use those updates in your ODIS E 14.1.0 (Confidential viewtopic.php?p=595691#p595691) - W11 .
Maybe this is the reason why I can remove those bugs with my tools.🤔

patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Update:

I tried to get rid of ghost rear door modules with ODIS- E 12.2 with latest post setup files installed on WIN 10 using VAS 5054A.. still no luck. :x

Slavik was kind enough to share the latest post set up file ( 120200.302.890) for ODIS-E 12.2.. I installed ODIS-E 12.2 on WIN10 with latest post setup files without any issues or errors. The project files are also loaded correctly. Slavik also confirmed that he could able to get rid of those ghost modules from VCDS scan successfully in his Golf.

What is that I am still missing here. I see that automatic coding of GW busmaster was done on GW with much higher version than mine( 3Q0 907 530 AR/ 521, 5502). My GW ( 3Q0 907 530 AC/ 442,4388)...... Probably I may need to update the GW to higher version and then try again??

It is strange that ODIS-E doesn't show the ghost rear door modules in GW installed list but VCDS does!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This small 'incident' is completely eliminated for any diagnostic tool in Golf projects.
The obvious thing is that the Projects/Platform/Chassis Type are different - A1-VW27 (3Q0) T-Roc vs AU-VW37 (3Q0) Golf -, it is probably due to this.

I don't know what to tell you about where the trick is to solve it completely on your T-Roc, however, before flashing the GW (or any control unit), 'but especially the GW' :lol: , you must make sure that you have the current and new version flash files (AC and AR in your case). I have both in case you need it (also the AL). :wink:

Example:
The AR version works perfectly for my Golf with Discover Media installed, etc...
The AL version works perfectly for the Slavik Golf with Discover Pro installed, etc...

I refer to the infotainment system because it is possible that a failure in the diagnosis will hang when flashing the GW, later the solution would have to be found if possible.
I didn't have any problem going from AC to AR.

These GW versions (AL, AR) make it possible to install VW's latest generation steering wheels 'with all the functions' without errors/faults. KLR + HSW + TA, etc...
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Thank you for your insight of these modules dear Master. It is always a pleasure to learn from you.)))

I've already tried to automatically code GW and door modules using VW 27 plaform using ODIS- E apart from using VW37 platform. Probably over a period of retrofit journey... should be able to fix this.

You've already gifted me those flash files of GW, door control modules and other important files.😎

I will say this publicly, inspite of suffering and recovering from major health issue, here you're.. back to forum again and helping us with great composure, wisdom and integrity... what a magnanimous soul you are.. ❤️👌

I can say with authority and experience, human body is very forgiving and will recover well if nurtured properly. 🤗

We shall walk the life together, while pursuing our passions.✌️

Namaste🙏
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Next big project

Electric tailgate + Easy open + Easy close.

Waiting for few more parts to arrive. Easy close will be challenging and uncharted territory as it was never offered in T-roc, even in FL version.

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thank you my dear Doctor, please, don't worry about me, it's a pleasure to walk by your side as long as time allows us.
I will follow your new project with enthusiasm, the retrofit of the OEM electric tailgate is great, excellent idea!😍

Namaste 🙏

---
This weekend I had a magnificent and very pleasant conversation with one of my brothers-in-law (also Doctor, Pediatrician) about Indian culture, customs and traditions, who had the magnificent luck to visit your great country. Without a doubt, I took the opportunity to tell him how lucky I am to meet many Indians in this great forum and talk to him a little about you.🤗
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:45 am Thank you my dear Doctor, please, don't worry about me, it's a pleasure to walk by your side as long as time allows us.
I will follow your new project with enthusiasm, the retrofit of the OEM electric tailgate is great, excellent idea!😍

Namaste 🙏

---
This weekend I had a magnificent and very pleasant conversation with one of my brothers-in-law (also Doctor, Pediatrician) about Indian culture, customs and traditions, who had the magnificent luck to visit your great country. Without a doubt, I took the opportunity to tell him how lucky I am to meet many Indians in this great forum and talk to him a little about you.🤗
Thank you dear master for your kind words🙏
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#14

OEM front door warning/exit lights + custom LED's.

Bought full kit for four doors and one for tail gate(4+1) led door warning lights from AliExpress.

Also bought custom LED board with 5 SMD in each board from Russian seller. These LED custom boards are popular and have good reviews on Drive2 forum, so decided to try them out. More details in link below.
https://www.drive2.ru/b/565026382204109731/

With my primitive soldering skills, managed to transfer the 2 pin of stock LED board to new custom LED board. Perhaps, I am better off soldering human parts 😁

Wiring:
Plus to t32/16 of front control modules.
GND to t32/5 of front door control modules.

Coding:
Enable Byte1 bit2 in front door control units

The result:

The comparison of led brightness of stock leds(left door) with custom leds( right door) with mirror puddle lights masked.

..... Res Ipsa Loquitur😁

Custom 3D printed bracket for LED warning light for tailgate...from Malaysia with love❤️ Thank you my dear friend Amir( Benzinkpof) 🤗

---------------------

Rear door warning/ exit lights + tailgate warning light for another time. :wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I have the originals 3G0947411A from Europe on the front doors and the Chinese Originals (VW Shanghai) -no copy- for Chinese VW cars on the rear doors, .... +2 stored in case of failure 😄, both have the same brightness intensity, they work fine, but my doors exit lights are not as bright as those custom ones you have installed.👍
Its main mission is to illuminate the threshold of the door and lightly the floor/ground, which is enough to avoid tripping, stepping on puddles or droppings from the wonderful domestic animals with even more wonderful owners.😁

I like it. Good job! Thanks for the info.🤗

Note:
In my case, when the CH/LH of the LED headlights is activated, all these 'external lights' are shadowed.😆
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#15

New LED fog/cornering lights + New OEM light switch

My T-roc came with halogen fog/ cornering lights( only halogen lights from factory), with mediocre brightness and looked out place. So decided to install matching led bulbs (6000k) with factory led headlights( around 5500k).

New aftermarket Xhp70 led fog lights fanless with driver. These are one of the best led bulbs available in market. I have same led bulbs in fogs of my 6R for several years. They work great as cornering lights as well as fog lights.

Fog lights configuration in BCM from halogen to LED:
(To prevent any broken bulb warning message and set PWM signal for full brightness)

Coding:

Code: Select all

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Security access: 31347

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45 Lasttyp-12
New value: 6-LED Lichtmodule

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert AB 12
New value: 127

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Leuchte12NL Lasttyp-13
New value: 6-LED Lichtmodule

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert AB 13
Fog lights as additional high beam flash lights:
When flashing high beam( pulling left stalk towards), fog lights can also be used as additional flash lights.

Coding:

Security Access: 31347

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion D 12
New value: Lichthupe generell

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimming Direction CD 12
New value: Maximize

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion D 13
New value: Lichthupe generell

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimming Direction CD 13
:arrow:

Foglights as additional heam lights:

When turning ON high beams( pushing left lever), the foglights also turn up as additional high beam lights.
PS: This feature will disable cornering lights when highbeams are operated within Corning light activation threshold speeds ( logically). Applicable only for fog lights which double up as cornering lights.

coding:

Security access : 31347

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12
New value: Left high beam

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12

Adaptation channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimming Direction CD 12

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13
New value: Right high beam

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13

Adaptation channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimming Direction CD 13

I have activated both the above functions, they are super useful in our driving conditions, especially in a country where foolish drivers don't know that such thing as low beam exists.🤦🏻‍♂️

New light switch:

Apart from nice different symbol for front fog lights, unlike in factory switch, the fog lights cannot be activated when switch is in parking lights/side lights postion.
viewtopic.php?p=591994#p591994

I am very happy with this Led foglights upgrade with additional functions...MQB
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The doctor casually illuminating some ambulances there haha. Well done, nice upgrade, lots of lights!
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:09 pm The doctor casually illuminating some ambulances there haha. Well done, nice upgrade, lots of lights!

More lights for self protection 😁