Interior lights won’t go out!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Mikeemike
New
Drives: 2008 SE Auto

Interior lights won’t go out!

Post by Mikeemike »

Evening all.

I picked up a 2008 VW Polo for my daughter’s first car today and really happy with the way it drives. It’s done under 23k miles, which has been verified and is a cracking little car. Wish my first car was as nice!!!

The only problem is that the interior lights weren’t working. It looks like someone, somewhere along the line took the fuse out of the slot for the interior lights and stuck it in an unused slot for phone electrics. When I put the fuse in the right place, they lit up and I was well chuffed with myself. That is until I realised why they’d done it - they don’t turn off when you close the door or flick the switches! The obviously took the fuse out to stop the battery draining.

So question is; has anyone come across this and have any bright ideas on how to resolve it please?

Thanks, Mike
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Interior lights won’t go out!

Post by iichel »

perhaps a door keeps thinking it's open? broken door lock module?
Mikeemike
New

Post by Mikeemike »

Yeah I wondered that too. Just need to suss out where the sensor/module for the doors are. The other posts I’ve seen online aren’t that conclusive.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The micro switch for the interior lights is located at the bottom of the door latch/catch mech within the doors,each door will have one.
its a total door strip down to replace them , you dont say if its a 3 or 5 door car
Mikeemike
New

Post by Mikeemike »

All sorted!

So I took a punt at replacing the lights/switches in the roof after a chat with a mechanic and pleased to say it’s sorted it. We’ll chuffed that we don’t need to look at replacing the door mechanisms.

Yes, we could have done without interior lights but not when it’s about keeping your daughter as safe as you can.