We Connect Plus query

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

We Connect Plus query

Post by MikeDO »

Wasn't sure whether to put this here, or in the ICE sub-forum.

The dealer sat in the car and set up We Connect on my mobile with me and while the basic functions appear to work, non of the We Connect Plus features appear to be available.

I did receive an Email on the day confirming the order for We Connect and We Connect Plus. But almost straight away, I received a second Email from VW saying:

We wish to inform you that via the infotainment system for your vehicle xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 13/09/2022 - 15:48, the following mobile online services were deactivated:
• Lock & Unlock
• Personalisation
• Parking Spaces
• Online Traffic Information
• Driving data
• Vehicle status
• Service Scheduling etc.

The Email ended by saying:

You can reactivate these mobile online services at any time via your vehicle’s infotainment system.

Now I've hunted high and low in the Infotainment system in the car and can't find anyway to re-activate these functions, which look like al the ones that are supposed to come with We Connect Plus.

It's just that the ones for "parking places" and "filling stations" could come in very handy.

Any suggestions anyone????
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: We Connect Plus query

Post by lancslad1985 »

Contact Vw we connect. Email is weconnect-support@volkswagen.de or there’s an 0800 number. They found my issue even though my car needs to go back in.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:55 pm Contact Vw we connect. Email is weconnect-support@volkswagen.de or there’s an 0800 number. They found my issue even though my car needs to go back in.
Thanks for the reply.

Question... are these extra functions (EG. "parking places" and "filling stations") supposed to be available on your mobile via the We Connect app, or via the Infotainment system in the car????
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

You can add stuff to your sat nav using the app. That’s all I can remember to be honest as I didn’t use it in my Tiguan for a while before I got rid and it doesn’t work in this car currently :lol: I’ll let you know if it’s fixed before yours is!
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Right... think I've worked it out. The Plus functions are available on the We Connect app on your phone. You fire the app up on your mobile phone and then click the map bottom bottom right. Then you need to scroll down and there are all the extra options. If you select say "filling stations" , this then shows you the nearest and gives you the chance to send this to your Satnav in the car. I'll need to to check this last bit works tomorrow. It would have been nice if this was mentioned anywhere in the documentation that you get. Finally found a PDF O/L that explained it: https://www.myvolkswagen.net/weconnect/ ... lus_en.pdf

Bit of a clunky way to do it. I had sort of assumed (like in the Hyundai that I had previously), that this function would be built into the Infotainment system.

You live and learn :roll:
tyjc93
New
Drives: Mk10

Post by tyjc93 »

Hi mate,

I just picked up my R-Line and kept having this email saying all those services were disconnected.

I think it’s related to the privacy settings as once I turned privacy down they stayed on. To do it swipe down from the tip and swipe change privacy settings to the far right option. If you need more info I’ll see if I can do a video later.

Make sure you do this when logged into your account on the car and not as guest as if your guest it will reset every time you turn the car off.

All the WeConnect Plus features you speak of are present on the car itself via infotainment. I found filling stations and their price by searching petrol stations in the sat nav.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

tyjc93 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:05 am Hi mate,

I just picked up my R-Line and kept having this email saying all those services were disconnected.

I think it’s related to the privacy settings as once I turned privacy down they stayed on. To do it swipe down from the tip and swipe change privacy settings to the far right option. If you need more info I’ll see if I can do a video later.

Make sure you do this when logged into your account on the car and not as guest as if your guest it will reset every time you turn the car off.

All the WeConnect Plus features you speak of are present on the car itself via infotainment. I found filling stations and their price by searching petrol stations in the sat nav.
Thanks for that, appreciated.

I think they are all activated in the infotainment in my car. I had a look at menu/setting/User and they all appear to be ticked (IE. active). So I think this might be a red Herring in my case.

Your comment about Privacy settings. Is this in the infotainment system in the car? If so, then I think I'm already set at the lowest level. And set as the primary user.

Must admit that I had not thought to just try searching in the SatNav in the infotainment system for "petrol stations". I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Still can't get the function in the We Connect app to work that is supposed to send route info etc. from itself to your vehicle. If I select a petrol station in the app. It gives you the chance to "send to vehicle". I I select this, it looks like on the app on my mobile, that it's done something. But nothing appears on the infotainment system in the car. I've tried sitting in the car with the engine running (NB. decent CELL reception) and doing this an still nothing happens. I have had a good GOOGLE about this and there appears to be a fair few complaints from people who can't get this to work via the We Connect mobile app. One guy even claimed that VW support had told him that this function no longer works in the app (why have they not removed it then?). Which would explain why I can't get it to work either!!!

But if I can just search for petrol stations etc. direct on the in car SatNav, then that will be OK. TBC

PS. The SatNav in my Hyundai had a separate app on the Infotainment system for things like petrol stations/weather report etc. So worked quite differently from the VW system.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Just to warn you Mike, it can take a bit to go from your phone to the vehicle. It’s not instantaneous from my previous experience, so I send stuff an hour or so before I need it.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:44 pm Just to warn you Mike, it can take a bit to go from your phone to the vehicle. It’s not instantaneous from my previous experience, so I send stuff an hour or so before I need it.
Stuff I tried to send yesterday has never turned up! Must admit that this is not a very impressive app! You could almost fall asleep waiting for it to load (and my phone is reasonably powerful).
Half the time it can't even find my car! Even though I'm sat in and I can see that the GPS in the phone is working!!

I'll see what tomorrow brings. Every day is an exciting journey :lol:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:00 pm
lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:44 pm Just to warn you Mike, it can take a bit to go from your phone to the vehicle. It’s not instantaneous from my previous experience, so I send stuff an hour or so before I need it.
Stuff I tried to send yesterday has never turned up! Must admit that this is not a very impressive app! You could almost fall asleep waiting for it to load (and my phone is reasonably powerful).
Half the time it can't even find my car! Even though I'm sat in and I can see that the GPS in the phone is working!!

I'll see what tomorrow brings. Every day is an exciting journey :lol:
Quite a few reports on Golf forums (and the Seatcupra.net forum with Seat Connect) of app notifications informing owners of their cars being unlocked when they’re not. Quite disconcerting for anyone not close enough to their car to check if it is locked or not.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Tried searching for Petrol stations in the SatNav in the Infotainment system in the car and that appears to work OK (including prices etc.). So happy with that.

Pretty much makes the mobile We Connect app pointless. Can't see me ever using it (for what?).
tyjc93
New
Drives: Mk10

Post by tyjc93 »

MikeDO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:36 pm Tried searching for Petrol stations in the SatNav in the Infotainment system in the car and that appears to work OK (including prices etc.). So happy with that.

Pretty much makes the mobile We Connect app pointless. Can't see me ever using it (for what?).
Yeah not to mention the app is quite slow!

I use it rarely, usually to show off my new car xD

I can see the horn function being helpful to find the car in a car park. Also you can lock/unlock the vehicle from your phone so again helpful if you’ve gone downstairs to get your coat and realised you don’t have the key with you.

I’m led to believe it will notify you if the tyre pressure goes low or if any issues service wise crop up. Thats good for me as my wife has a habit of driving around with the tyre pressure warning on and not telling me about it.