Boot liner (rubber)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Boot liner (rubber)

Post by MikeDO »

Looking for a decent rubber boot liner. Don't want a plastic one, as stuff tends to fly about in the boot.

VW appear to do two. Part numbers 2G0061160 and 2G0061161

One is described as "foam", not quite sure what they mean by this! Is this rubber of some sort?
The other is described as "semi rigid". Are they talking of some sort of slippy plastic here?

Anyone got any experience here????
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Boot liner (rubber)

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:34 pm Looking for a decent rubber boot liner. Don't want a plastic one, as stuff tends to fly about in the boot.

VW appear to do two. Part numbers 2G0061160 and 2G0061161

One is described as "foam", not quite sure what they mean by this! Is this rubber of some sort?
The other is described as "semi rigid". Are they talking of some sort of slippy plastic here?

Anyone got any experience here????
I had one of the VW ‘foam’ type boot liners in my previous generation Polo GTI. Very lightweight and a bit like compressed polystyrene although it wasn’t polystyrene as it was quite durable and could be rolled up. Quite expensive for what it was though IMHO. Things did slide around on it, so it’s definitely not non-slip. I don’t have any experience of the semi rigid version.

I’ve got a Novline boot liner in my current (pre-facelift) 2020 Polo GTI+;

https://www.driveden.com/product/novlin ... -floor-251

It has raised edges and the little raised ovals that cover the surface have a rough, almost abrasive feeling to them (you can see them in the pictures at the link above) and in my experience they do a good job of stopping items sliding around. It’s good value too at £25.95 and much cheaper than the VW liners - it’s worth checking eBay as the seller (Driveden) also sells on there, and it may be cheaper overall on eBay if the price includes free postage.

I think it’s out of stock currently but worth asking to be notified when it’s back in stock.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

@SRGTD

Thanks for that. It looks pretty decent. I've entered my Email address to be notified when it turns up.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

I've this one:

https://www.kofferraumwannen.de/gummi-k ... -oben.html

but it's only for the trunk in the upper position (that is mandatory in my polo because of the subwoofer of the beats sound system).

They have some more models, I choose that one because of the high border. I also bought the floor mats with the same border.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Just in case anyone else should be looking for a Boot Liner.

As per recommendation by SRGTD, I've had the Novline one on back order for a month or so now. And DriveDen (the O/L supplier) kindly Emailed me finally and said:
"Due to unforeseen circumstances these are unavailable from our supplier for the foreseeable future." But went on to recommend one by Gledring. Which I decided to order and it came today.

https://www.driveden.com/product/gledri ... -floor-271

Decent enough price, thick odorless rubber, non slip and fits perfectly.

PS. Only for Polo's with the raised floor.