JF automotive tuning box for gti facelift info

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

JF automotive tuning box for gti facelift info

Post by LEEA123 »

Hi all, so with the upcoming purchase and arrival of my gti I have been looking at a stage 1 tune option. The company jf automotive is in kent, which is my area and have been trading for many years and have a good reputation.

I contacted them and asked about my options, and they sent me a very detailed reply about what they could offer, basically that the ECU will be locked by VW, and they recommend a tuning box for the gti.

The figures are not as high as other options, they are quoting 225 hp and torque of 360 with the box. Now, this is not as high as others but they say they are focused on holding the power longer through the midrange from my understanding

I am going to consider this but will paste the email response from them if anyone is interested at all.
here it is

Thanks for getting in touch. Currently, your Polo GTI's ECU will be locked by Volkswagen. This means that traditional means of writing a custom tuning file for the car are not possible. Our solution for you is the JFA Adaptive Tuning Module. This is a physical box that plugs into the car's wiring loom and increases your power and torque by interrupting and altering signals sent between the ECU and the car's sensors. The module is developed and manufactured in Germany and then the maps are co-developed with tuners like us where we test and data log them on our dyno.

You can read more on this module here:

JFA Adaptive Tuning Module - Performance Upgrade For Your Car

What You Will Get:

Stock: 207 BHP and 320 Nm Torque
With Tuning Module: 225 BHP and 360 Nm Torque
Results are based on low mileage, well maintained cars under ideal circumstances

Although peak power numbers like these above help “sell" tuning modules, it's only half the story. If you're looking for a true driving transformation then you will benefit more from mid range power that holds through the entire rev range giving a vast improvements to drivability for day to day driving that is also safe. As we develop these adaptive tuning modules in-house, we concentrate heavily on drivetrain safety and always keep within the limitations of the original parts.

Engine Safety
The most important factor to remember is engine safety. We design our module's to achieve the highest possible performance whilst maintaining the vehicle's longevity and drivability without compromising on reliability. We know this because we test our box's rigorously at our purpose built 4WD dyno facility that simulates road conditions.

We include a 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!... Read more!

What do we do?
We start by performing a vehicle health check using diagnostics equipment which will highlight any current faults. We then install the tuning module in your engine bay, being sure to tuck away any exposed wiring and ensuring it looks as clean as possible. We will then run some tests on the module to ensure it is functioning well, before taking the car for a road test with data logs to ensure safety and effectiveness!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: JF automotive tuning box for gti facelift info

Post by SRGTD »

Before proceeding, I’d recommend you consider the likely increased insurance costs and the impact of invalidating the warranty on your car’s drivetrain and engine components from fitting a tuning box.

Whether or not VW are able to detect if a tuning box was previously fitted to a car after it’s been removed has been discussed at various times on a number of VW forums - the general consensus is that it’s possible to detect a previously installed tuning box.

Worth having a read of the discussion thread over on golfgtiforum.co.uk at the link below;

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=285436.0
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:08 pm Before proceeding, I’d recommend you consider the likely increased insurance costs and the impact of invalidating the warranty on your car’s drivetrain and engine components from fitting a tuning box.

Whether or not VW are able to detect if a tuning box was previously fitted to a car after it’s been removed has been discussed at various times on a number of VW forums - the general consensus is that it’s possible to detect a previously installed tuning box.

Worth having a read of the discussion thread over on golfgtiforum.co.uk at the link below;

Thank you very much for the reply. The insurance extra is not really an issue, I had a mountune on a focus st and did not make much difference,I think because I am getting on a bit now. Yes, I am going to look into the warranty side of things more closely, as the focus st tune I had was warranty ok. Thank you for the link, and will do more reading and research
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

From my experience, esp. in South Africa, is that VW are not in favour of any type of tuning and will void any warranty if confirmed as true. This is achived by connecting the vehicle to their internal compooters which connects to VAG in Germany, then compares data.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

LEEA123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:08 pm Before proceeding, I’d recommend you consider the likely increased insurance costs and the impact of invalidating the warranty on your car’s drivetrain and engine components from fitting a tuning box.

Thank you very much for the reply. The insurance extra is not really an issue, I had a mountune on a focus st and did not make much difference,I think because I am getting on a bit now. Yes, I am going to look into the warranty side of things more closely, as the focus st tune I had was warranty ok. Thank you for the link, and will do more reading and research
I think that certain Mountune performance upgrades are Ford approved and if they’re installed by Ford dealerships that are also official Mountune dealerships, Ford’s warranty isn’t invalidated. No similar arrangement exists between VW and any tuning company as far as I’m aware, otherwise there’d no doubt be forum members who’d have gone down that route to modify their cars to keep the benefit of their car’s warranty.
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:12 pm
LEEA123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm

I think that certain Mountune performance upgrades are Ford approved and if they’re installed by Ford dealerships that are also official Mountune dealerships, Ford’s warranty isn’t invalidated. No similar arrangement exists between VW and any tuning company as far as I’m aware, otherwise there’d no doubt be forum members who’d have gone down that route to modify their cars to keep the benefit of their car’s warranty.
yes, the st was ford approved, was not cheap but well worth it for the warranty, I would, of course, go down the route if one was approved by VW. Just for info I contacted the company and had a very honest response from them which stated that they could delve very deep looking at boost pressure if they wanted, but not knowing of any warranty claim being rejected because of this.
Jbald
New
Drives: 2022 GTI 22 reg

Post by Jbald »

Hi, just wondering what you’ve ended up doing with your gti as I can’t find any companies that have cracked the ecu and I’m getting a bit impatient.
Cheers