Spare wheel?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Widdy82
New
Drives: 2008 1.2 E 60

Spare wheel?

Post by Widdy82 »

Hey,

I have just picked up a 2008 Polo 1.2 E 60. Everything is great with the car apart from the missing spare. The tools are still there, but no wheel :( Does anyone know what type of spare wheel it would have had, full-size or space saver. Just so I can get the right replacement. Tyres are R14.

Any help would be fantastic.

Cheers
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Spare wheel?

Post by CarbonChaos »

The original spare wheel should/would have been a black steel wheel with the same size tyre on as the rest, i believe
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe check the centre area of one of the road wheels, you should be able to find all required info on there, only issue is, it might be on the reverse - what you need to find out is "offset" written as ET, wheel width written in inches, obviously its diameter - which is same as tyre "size" and VW Group part number, oh and fixing bolt sizes, like 5X100.

I've just checked an old spare wheel that I am dumping today:- everything is stamped on the wheel between the fixing bolt holes width takes the form of J* H2 don't worry about the H2 it is just the type/shape of the area the tyre bead locates into, so J6 is 6inch wide etc - your car will probably be less than that, all easy stuff, just make sure that you end up with a steel wheel from a same age Polo and not a Golf in case the centre bore size is wrong.

Edit:- in case you are still in doubt, it will have been a full sized spare wheel.
Widdy82
New
Drives: 2008 1.2 E 60

Post by Widdy82 »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:25 am Maybe check the centre area of one of the road wheels, you should be able to find all required info on there, only issue is, it might be on the reverse - what you need to find out is "offset" written as ET, wheel width written in inches, obviously its diameter - which is same as tyre "size" and VW Group part number, oh and fixing bolt sizes, like 5X100.

I've just checked an old spare wheel that I am dumping today:- everything is stamped on the wheel between the fixing bolt holes width takes the form of J* H2 don't worry about the H2 it is just the type/shape of the area the tyre bead locates into, so J6 is 6inch wide etc - your car will probably be less than that, all easy stuff, just make sure that you end up with a steel wheel from a same age Polo and not a Golf in case the centre bore size is wrong.

Edit:- in case you are still in doubt, it will have been a full sized spare wheel.
Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. Have found one I'm interested in so if everything matches up I'll be good to go.

Thanks again.