Rear Drivers Footwell Leak

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Gilbs1993
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 GTI

Rear Drivers Footwell Leak

Post by Gilbs1993 »

Hi Guys

I have a 2007 Polo 9N3 GTI and it's that time of year again where I have a small pond in the rear drivers footwell.
The car is a 5 door and with a sunroof. I eliminated the sunroof drains as I dropped the roof liner slightly and cleared the drains points, nothing is blocked there.

I have resealed the drivers rear door previously but theres a chance I haven't done it properly as water still gathers a little when you open the door.

I there anything else it could potentially be? I have heard people mentioned a grommet under the car that could potentially cause water leaks but the water seem to be on top of the carpet and typically worse when we have heavy rains and has been left outside my flat.

I am just trying to eliminate all possibilities before I go mad on Ebay and buy news parts etc.
I apologies in advance if I am repeating the topic again but I could only seem to find front water leaks or rear passenger leak due to the rear washer pipe leaking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Rear Drivers Footwell Leak

Post by Maarten »

Pull back the carpet by the pedals and by the passenger side.
Sometimes they leak from the entry of the bonnet unlock cable.
Mindthepolo
New
Drives: 9n3

Re: Rear Drivers Footwell Leak

Post by Mindthepolo »

Did you find the leak in the end? Had same thing in my Ibiza 6l, had it from sunroof, but also windscreen, leaking into cabin, and pooling in rear foot well .. might want to check windscreen seals, with mine was obvious.