Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
pololop
New
Drives: Polo Match Tdi

DRL same brightness as dipped beams?

Post by pololop »

Hello,

I have a 12 reg vw polo match tdi.

Last week it had its MOT and then it went in to a garage for a few days to have the driver door replaced. I spotted last night that the full beam wasn't working and so I took it back to the garage and they said a fuse had blown. It must have happened whilst the door was being sorted else it would have come up on the MOT. Anyway, they replaced the fuse and that was fine.

But it made me take a look at the lights a bit and I've noticed that the daylight running lights (DRL) (ie the lights that come on when the engine is turned on (with the switch just in the '0' position)) and the dipped beam lights are the exactly same: the same lights come on, front and rear and they are the same brightness. The only difference seems to be that the dipped beams also turn on the dashboard lights (rev meter, speo, etc).

Is that the way it is supposed to be?

I would have thought you'd want the dipped beam to be brighter and I honestly can't remember if it was like that before it went into the garage, or if that might be something else they've broken?

I can't find the answer to this question a n y w h e r e online so if anyone has this car model and could check on theirs it would be gratefully appreciated!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: DRL same brightness as dipped beams?

Post by iichel »

Yes that's perfectly fine.