Software Update - any issues?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Software Update - any issues?

Post by arkay »

My Polo is now 6 months old and for the last few weeks I have been getting the ‘Software Update available’. The car is running so well and I am very happy with it at the moment, so I am reluctant to mess with the current settings. Has anyone with a facelift Polo done this update? Has it been okay? What has the new software updated (if you know)?

Any advice re VW software updates in general welcome!
VWPolo1_0
New
Drives: 2022 VW Polo AW 1.0 TSI 95bhp

Re: Software Update - any issues?

Post by VWPolo1_0 »

The update is only for your infotainment system. So bug fixes, speed improvements, etc. Changes nothing to the driving of the car. I've done them all, and although nothing has majorly improved, nothing has broken either. I have to say, nothing was broken for me anyways, but bug fixes should always be good.
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Post by arkay »

Thanks for that - good to know. Will probably let it update next time it comes up.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

I've had the ‘Software Update available’ prompt a couple of times now (in recent weeks) and each time I've pressed to OK it... nothing then happens!
VWPolo1_0
New
Drives: 2022 VW Polo AW 1.0 TSI 95bhp

Post by VWPolo1_0 »

MikeDO wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:10 pm I've had the ‘Software Update available’ prompt a couple of times now (in recent weeks) and each time I've pressed to OK it... nothing then happens!
For me i've always had to press OK when standing still. So start the update after you've come to a standstill. After pressing OK, i think you should be able to just leave the vehicle and lock it. Updating should continue while the vehicle is turned off.
Why it doesn't just auto-update when the vehicle is parked anways, idk..
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

You have to be standing still for it to let you press update, then a little circle fills up in the corner. Once complete it just says it’ll be applied when the car next restarts. Did mine yesterday, seems fine.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Thanks guys.

I'll try and remember this when it next pops up.

PS. I've checked on the relevant screen on the infotainment system and there's nothing on the software update list.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’ve NEVER in this car or my Tiguan, had the software update screen list an update. It normally just pops up when driving.