car sat nav map comes on dash when using apple nav

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

car sat nav map comes on dash when using apple nav

Post by LEEA123 »

Hi all, not sure if it is a setting, but had my gti a couple of days and can't work this out. When I use my apple car play and use the navigation on it I get the following. I set my route and soon as I start, the car sat nav appears on the dashboard between dials, regardless of what I have selected to appear there.

I am using apple maps, not even the car built-in one, so not sure why it pops on the dash. Any ideas?

also on a side note, I am not sure if the auto full beam is working correctly. I activated it and get the blue symbol with the A in the middle, but only now and again it goes white, i thought it would go on and off between white and blue when a car was coming towards me, indicating off and on. very rarely does it when a car coming towards me , but they not like flashing me to turn my lights off ?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: car sat nav map comes on dash when using apple nav

Post by lancslad1985 »

If your VW sat nav is set to show between the dials, it always comes up when the car is first switched on. Drives me potty so I just leave the car sat nav set to the touchscreen. Doesn’t pop up then between my dials unless I change it.

You also have matrix leds. Having used them myself, they dim themselves when you enter a well lit area. They’re only really noticeable on roads with no street lights, then they work really well.
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:18 pm If your VW sat nav is set to show between the dials, it always comes up when the car is first switched on. Drives me potty so I just leave the car sat nav set to the touchscreen. Doesn’t pop up then between my dials unless I change it.

You also have matrix leds. Having used them myself, they dim themselves when you enter a well lit area. They’re only really noticeable on roads with no street lights, then they work really well.
Thank you very much for that, I understand it now, it explains a lot. thank you
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

Managed to turn the map off, but still get direction arrows on dash,is there a setting for that?,not even using car nav system,using Apple Maps
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Shouldn’t be arrows unless you’ve put a destination in on the VW sat nav so that’s a weird one. Is there a destination set?
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:54 pm Shouldn’t be arrows unless you’ve put a destination in on the VW sat nav so that’s a weird one. Is there a destination set?
there is a destination, but only in apple maps, so really can't work out why I still get arrows on the dash as not using the VW sat nav. Dealer told me ,that's how it works with apple car play, so not sure