arm rest issue ?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

arm rest issue ?

Post by LEEA123 »

Hi all may be a silly question, but going to ask. When I pull the armrest forward, should it stay level as mine seems to kind of point downwards at an angle? I just thought it would stay totally level.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: arm rest issue ?

Post by SRGTD »

Mine is angled slightly downwards towards the front edge in my pre-facelift GTI+. The Polo’s armrest doesn’t have a ratchet mechanism to raise it and hold it in place horizontally or at @ higher angle (the one in my mk6 Golf GTD did have a ratchet mechanism).

I’ve never used it as an armrest as it’d be too low down and too far back for me to rest my arm on when driving with my hands on steering wheel at the ten to two or quarter to three position. Think of the armrest as a padded lid to the storage compartment between the front seats rather than as an armrest 🙂.

It’s possible to buy an aftermarket clip that raises the height of the padded section - some of these look as if they’re 3D printed. Link to a few versions of the clip below (if you search, there will probably be others available too);

https://www.diversionstores.co.uk/produ ... t-adjuster

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194516095520 ... gLhE_D_BwE

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1006260 ... gJe-vD_BwE
tyjc93
New
Drives: Mk10

Post by tyjc93 »

Mine points slightly up.

If I have it in the forward position with the handbrake raised it sits just a few mm off the top of the handbrake. If yours is touching the handbrake I'd suggest thats abnormal.

Side note - as the previous poster mentioned, there are 3D printed "risers". I have the one from Diversionstores and it works as intended. I got the middle size.
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

Don’t suppose you
Got a picture of this fitted I’ve been considering one as the not raised arm rest just let’s it down abit.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Polo72 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:58 am Don’t suppose you
Got a picture of this fitted I’ve been considering one as the not raised arm rest just let’s it down abit.
There are pictures of these fitted in the first of the three links (Diversion Auto website) in my previous post, earlier in this discussion thread. Note; there are three different versions available on the Diversion Auto website, depending on how much you want to raise the height of the armrest (2cm, 3cm or 4cm height rise).
tyjc93
New
Drives: Mk10

Post by tyjc93 »

Polo72 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:58 am Don’t suppose you
Sorry I’ve been at work. I’ll post a pic this week.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

BTW there is also invisible solution. I don't think anyone else make those so you would need to make them on your own (3d printed should work too). There is no need to take arm rest from vehicle but the back panel have to go out to glue clips onto the metal bar.
armrest.jpg
armrest.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 765 times
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Could the armrest of the T-Cross be used?
Or at least the setting part of it.
That does have settings for height.