VW Polo 1.2 TSI 6C JAP

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
POLOZ
Gold Member

VW Polo 1.2 TSI 6C JAP

Post by POLOZ »

Hi Guys,

So recently purchased a 6C which was imported from JAP last year and was sold as CAT U on auction website.
Car looked perfect with no visible damage and I thought it was going for good money and I ended up winning it.

Got it delivered in two days and on initial inspection, car looks spotless and clean. Underneath it's free from corrosion
and generally clean. Me poking away still not believing getting the car on a good price, looked inside the wheel well
where I found signs of previously been painted. Looks like it was rear ended and repaired not to very high standard.

Not sure if it was damaged repaired prior or after been imported.

However on inspecting the wheel well underneath, it's still original and looks like damage was only to the front plate.
Overall am pleased with the car and more or so with the factory folding mirrors it came with. A very rare option on UK
polo :lol:

Currently can't get the factory radio to pick up any radio signals. VCDS suggests the radio 5C has been coded incorrectly
(assuming somebody has had a go with coding it to UK). Behind the boot carpet I found a antenna connector disconnected 6q0035575b.
I can't seem to find any female connector that it could be plugged into? Wonder that's why it can't find any reception?

Going to give it a major service as it's come with no history.

Oh forgot to mention its DSG model. My first DSG Polo :D

Anybody here own and done retrofits to a JAP import 6C polo?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: VW Polo 1.2 TSI 6C JAP

Post by iichel »

I remember someone else that had a 6C imported from Japan and the radio frequencies are different.
I'm not sure it's a matter of coding or you might need to replace some parts like antenna and perhaps a main unit too. Does it speak english at all?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:20 pm I remember someone else that had a 6C imported from Japan and the radio frequencies are different.
I'm not sure it's a matter of coding or you might need to replace some parts like antenna and perhaps a main unit too. Does it speak english at all?
Yeah its all english however getting no reception for FM or DAB. I think that disconnected cable may be something to do with it? :?

Also the rear bumper has a RVC attached to it with missing connections? I don't think the car had RVC programmed. Looks like a genuine camera too
iichel

Post by iichel »

I guess it's time to check out if there are any disconnected wires behind the radio and below the roof liner, and whether you can tune into and receive European frequencies.

If the car has had any damage, as you suspected, it might have had a bumper with a camera, by accident. No pun intended.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:05 pm I guess it's time to check out if there are any disconnected wires behind the radio and below the roof liner, and whether you can tune into and receive European frequencies.

If the car has had any damage, as you suspected, it might have had a bumper with a camera, by accident. No pun intended.
Yes mate going to remove the MIB in dashboard and see if I can find a Ariel connection there :roll:

I'd find out if I can find a wiring kit for the camera, a good retrofit jobbie.,
iichel

Post by iichel »

I think I got a wiring kit if you need it. But first make sure the base is OK like radio, antenna, camera presence etc.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:27 pm I think I got a wiring kit if you need it. But first make sure the base is OK like radio, antenna, camera presence etc.
Thanks mate I will take a look.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

ok looks like wiring is there for camera :?
Pretty sure it is the Blue connector and behind it looks like optic cables.

Also VCDS confirms that it has a low line rear view camera fitted. 8)

Now the task of removing all the plastic trims and try and source the missing wires

Also looks like display is connected to a radio antenna

iichel

Post by iichel »

the camera are two wires to the blue block, pins 6 and 12, in the big quadlock connector. the wires you're now showing is FM/AM (white), USB (yellow) and screen (pink)
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:50 pm the camera are two wires to the blue block, pins 6 and 12, in the big quadlock connector. the wires you're now showing is FM/AM (white), USB (yellow) and screen (pink)
Sorry iichel I mean't in the quadlock connector the blue block is showing optic cables for the RVC.

So this proves the car came with RVC from factory. Looks like wire was cut at the back :(
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

So in the rear when I pull the carpet back I see the FM/DAB radio cable is not connected to anything

No sign of camera cable anything :?

POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

ok I have taken off all the trims and tried tracing all the wires but I can't see any loose or cut wires.

I tried my best tracing the wires on the side of passenger side and it was becoming hard to trace the camera wires.

The FM/AM Ariel connection is there and connected to the roof antenna.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

The is the camera that seems to be fitted 3W0 807 210
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

ok first drive today and couple of issues :cry:

1. Speedo - Digital and Analog are showing different speed. The Analog speedo even though has MPH and KMPH, is display speed in KMPH :?
So Digital is correct but Analog is showing 50% more speed. I feel the clocks need recalibration? Any suggestions?

2. The DQ200 7 spd DSG is slow in changing gears from 4 to 5th. I was doing 70 mph and it was still on 4th gear. However it seems to be adapting as I drive
the car more. Going to reset the adaption with VCDS tomorrow to see if it improves.

Just to confirm does the DQ200 need a oil service?