Stage 1 Remap

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Makis
New
Drives: Polo AW 1.0 TSI

Stage 1 Remap

Post by Makis »

Good morning all!

I own a 1.0 tsi Polo, 95hp DLAC engine code, 2021 model. Im looking forward for a stage 1 remap, the car is still under warranty though. My question is, can the dealership detect that someone changed the existing map, even if I revert it back to stock map before an oil service for example ? Does it flag the ecu somehow ?

Thanks in advance!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Re: Stage 1 Remap

Post by LEEA123 »

Makis wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:44 am Good morning all!

I own a 1.0 tsi Polo, 95hp DLAC engine code, 2021 model. Im looking forward for a stage 1 remap, the car is still under warranty though. My question is, can the dealership detect that someone changed the existing map, even if I revert it back to stock map before an oil service for example ? Does it flag the ecu somehow ?

Thanks in advance!
As far as I am aware, they can see it if they go deep enough into the data of the car. Of course, that is not to say they will always delve that deep into data, but they can if they really want to do that.
So is a choice you need to make if you really want the map, be aware that it is possible to see if they really wanted to. On the other hand, know plenty of people that have maps and no warranty claim has been rejected, but I would think that would depend on the type of warranty claim, and if a map could cause the issue.
Basically, it is your choice, but there is always a chance if they wanted to see they could collect data
DonGat0
New
Drives: Polo AW1 2024

Post by DonGat0 »

should i remap a 1.6 msi polo? is worth it?
mobbeduo
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2.0 2020

Post by mobbeduo »

Modifying your vehicle’s ECU with a remap will leave a digital footprint, detectable by dealerships through an altered flash count, which tracks software updates. Even if you revert to the stock map, this count can reveal unauthorized modifications. A discrepancy might trigger a TD1 flag, indicating such changes. While routine services may not always check this, deeper inspections, especially for warranty claims, could. Discovering these modifications will impact your warranty.

Even if you manage to get around the flash counter, you can’t sign the map since you don’t have the private key.