Boot lock / fuel filler lock failures

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Boot lock / fuel filler lock failures

Post by blazeguarder »

Hi all,

Used to post fairly frequently many years ago on the 9n3 forum, hoping for a bit of advice with a friends 6R so thought I'd come back!

Got what appears to be the reasonably common boot lock failure - won't open by lifting the emblem handle or by holding the boot release on the fob (although with this the hazards flash) and can only open it with the manual release from the inside.

Given that it won't open with either the handle or the fob I had assumed it was the lock at fault and not the handle itself and was planning on replacing the lock unit.

However, whilst fiddling with it I noticed that the fuel filler won't lock on the central locking (seems to be another common fault). The rest of the central locking works apart from these 2 issues. Pulled fuse 48 on the basis of an online fuse diagram which seemed to control these 2 locks but it was intact and on further review of the fuse diagram linked on the forum it turns out that this refers to the entire central locking system to another non starter.

The rest of the electrics work fine in the boot so reasonably confident about earths etc.

Looking for a bit of advice on whether there's anything linking the 2 before I start swapping parts out to see if it makes a difference? Are there any other ways to isolate the issue to the boot lock? Car isn't local to me but trying to sort it for a friend so limited in times I can go to mess about with it etc - hoping to be reasonably confident in the issue before sourcing parts to swap.

Thanks in advance!
blackscell
New
Drives: 2018 AW

Re: Boot lock / fuel filler lock failures

Post by blackscell »

Did u ever fix it? Same issue here
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Boot lock / fuel filler lock failures

Post by ciclo »

The only thing related between the fuel filler lock and the boot lock is the central locking itself, that is, the signals that the BCM sends to both locks depending on the coding. It would be interesting to know the BCM coding of this 6R to be able to begin to wonder what is happening.🤷‍♂️