2022 Gti Removing front door cards

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Metman888
New
Drives: 2022 Polo GTi

2022 Gti Removing front door cards

Post by Metman888 »

Anyone removed the front door cards and got any tips or know of any guides. Only had a quick look in the dark earlier but i could only see 1 screw right under where the window controls are. I need to get the passenger side off, its creaking and driving me mad.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: 2022 Gti Removing front door cards

Post by Maarten »

With a 2022 car you should be creaking at the dealer and let them fix it under warranty
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Maarten wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:46 am With a 2022 car you should be creaking at the dealer and let them fix it under warranty
Agree, although I’ve read of instances on forums over the years of dealers removing pieces of interior trim to fix unwanted creaks and rattles and they damage the trim pieces in the process. They’ve then denied having caused the damage. Additionally, they often cause more unwanted creaks and rattles by not refitting the interior trim correctly.

@Metman888; found this video on YouTube of the rear door card removal in the current shape Polo; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOF2IGzv6W4

At the end of the video, the guy removing the door card says that the process to remove the front one is essentially the same as removing the rear one. IMHO important to get a set of plastic trim removal tools to minimise the risk of damaging the door card or breaking the retaining clips.
Metman888
New
Drives: 2022 Polo GTi

Post by Metman888 »

Normally I'd agree too, thats what warranty is for after all, however for the points you made I was hoping to have a go at it myself. Ive been on the receiving end of a dealer damaging a car and denying it. Cheers for the video, I'll have a look tomorrow and see whats what. If it looks too much of a mess around i'll book it in.