Limited slip diff - Polo AW GTI 6spd manual 2019 - where to buy?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
kuba1234
New
Drives: aw gti

Limited slip diff - Polo AW GTI 6spd manual 2019 - where to buy?

Post by kuba1234 »

Hello,
i am looking for limited slip diff for my polo.
It's 2019 Polo GTI AW (pre facelift) with 6 speed manual gearbox.
Cannot find literally anything in the internet.
Any help?
THanks in advance!
j_sheath
New
Drives: POLO GTI AW

Re: Limited slip diff - Polo AW GTI 6spd manual 2019 - where to buy?

Post by j_sheath »

i believe wavetrac makes a LSD for the DQ250, i want to know how your polo is a Manual?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

j_sheath wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:30 pm i believe wavetrac makes a LSD for the DQ250, i want to know how your polo is a Manual?
The pre-facelift (AW) GTI was originally to be offered with the choice DSG and 6 speed manual transmissions; all AW model Polo GTI’s were DSG from launch date and the manual version was to follow towards the end of 2018. Some countries did get the manual version, although it was only produced for a short period of time, so an AW model Polo GTI with manual transmission is quite a rare car. The OP’s location in their signature is shown as ‘pl’ which I’m assuming is Poland, so Poland must’ve been one of the countries that did get the manual version. I seem to remember one or two other forum members also had GTI’s with manual gearboxes too.

The GTI with manual transmission was intended to come to the UK but it never happened. You’ll see reference to it in some motoring publications (article at the link below mentions it) and from memory, a few YouTube videos feature AW Polo GTI’s with the manual gearbox.

https://uk.motor1.com/reviews/223847/20 ... rst-drive/

Screenshot below from the linked article above that refers to the manual gearbox;

IMG_0192.jpeg
IMG_0192.jpeg (132.83 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
RinDman
New
Drives: Polo AW GTI DSG6

Post by RinDman »

Hey, looks like you have a MQ350 according to this blog : https://polo.blue/6-speed-manual-transm ... 0-qqr-0a8/

You should be able to check if your mq's ref is matching with him, then you can start asking your tuner if he can find something torsen or wavetrac like lsd

Edit : Wavetrac provide LSD for MQ and DQ series, but you need find the right one with your tuner
j_sheath
New
Drives: POLO GTI AW

Post by j_sheath »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:45 pm
j_sheath wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:30 pm i believe wavetrac makes a LSD for the DQ250, i want to know how your polo is a Manual?
The pre-facelift (AW) GTI was originally to be offered with the choice DSG and 6 speed manual transmissions; all AW model Polo GTI’s were DSG from launch date and the manual version was to follow towards the end of 2018. Some countries did get the manual version, although it was only produced for a short period of time, so an AW model Polo GTI with manual transmission is quite a rare car. The OP’s location in their signature is shown as ‘pl’ which I’m assuming is Poland, so Poland must’ve been one of the countries that did get the manual version. I seem to remember one or two other forum members also had GTI’s with manual gearboxes too.

The GTI with manual transmission was intended to come to the UK but it never happened. You’ll see reference to it in some motoring publications (article at the link below mentions it) and from memory, a few YouTube videos feature AW Polo GTI’s with the manual gearbox.

https://uk.motor1.com/reviews/223847/20 ... rst-drive/

Screenshot below from the linked article above that refers to the manual gearbox;

IMG_0192.jpeg
thats very interesting, i would love a manual version of my car.