spare key fob

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
madmark
New
Drives: 2021 1.0 tsi dsg

spare key fob

Post by madmark »

hi guys i am after a second key as i did not get one with the car ,is there any other way of getting a replacement and recoded to my car or can it only be a dealer job only ,my car is a 2021 1.0 tsi,the dealer wants nearly £300 ,
anybody have a cheaper way round this ?
thanks for your help!
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: spare key fob

Post by grazuncle2 »

take a look at this site

https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/blog/how- ... key-for-vw

worth a look.. Hope you find your answer. £300 is like printing your own money.
madmark
New

Post by madmark »

still haven't had any luck with this spare key issue the dealer want £296 there must be somebody that can do a cheaper key ?????
:roll:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

madmark wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:31 am hi guys i am after a second key as i did not get one with the car ,is there any other way of getting a replacement and recoded to my car or can it only be a dealer job only ,my car is a 2021 1.0 tsi,the dealer wants nearly £300 ,
anybody have a cheaper way round this ?
thanks for your help!
I’m assuming you bought your car used if it only had one key. If you bought it from a VW dealership under the VW Approved Used scheme, then it should have been supplied with two keys.

The document at the link below is a multi point checklist under the VW’s DasWelt Auto used car scheme - the scheme which preceded the VW’s current Approved Used scheme. it’s not clear from the document if it relates to VWUK dealerships or an overseas sales territory; whether UK or overseas, I’d expect the checklist to be essentially the same, irrespective of sales territory. Although it’s the checklist for VW’s previous used car scheme, I doubt the current checklist will be much different - if any different - to the previous one. Note that item 24 on the checklist is ‘check all keys are complete / present’.

So if your car was sold as an Approved Used vehicle through a VW dealership, then depending on how long ago you bought it, it would be worth going back to the dealer and asking them to supply the second key at no cost to you, as IMHO it should’ve been supplied at the time of sale within the price you paid for the car.

https://studylib.net/doc/18424217/multi-point-checklist
madmark
New

Post by madmark »

hi srgtd
the car was not from das auto unfortunately but has been on the register hence why it only has 1 key ,the orginal owner to the car will still have the other key but there is no way of finding them as the v5 doesn't give previous keepers its just a nightmere to pay sutch a lot for a key that will never get used only in a emergency :roll:
manythanks for your input :wink:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe a small "bonus" to getting this sorted out by a dealer or good VW Group Indie is, when they have your car in to program the new key, all previous keys will get deleted from the car's security system, then your key and the new key will get added back in.

So, that means, while the "lost" key can still be used to physically unlock the driver's door, the engine will not run if that "lost" key if used.

I'm just pointing out this in case you did not know some or all of it.