Trying to find the (rear) parking radar buzzer location

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
prog-amateur2
New
Drives: 6R

Trying to find the (rear) parking radar buzzer location

Post by prog-amateur2 »

Hello, my back-up radar does not work anymore.
I have determined that all the sensors are working (by recording a video with my smartphone, you can hear the waves coming from the 4 sensors).
I conclude that it could be that the buzzer is defective or disconnected.

However, I searched on the internet: impossible to find the clear location of this buzzer. This site (https://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen ... buzzerh15/) says that it is inside the right rear wheel arch, which seems to me very surprising (or I misunderstood the translation).

Would you know where it is please ?
Many thanks for your kind help!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Trying to find the (rear) parking radar buzzer location

Post by ciclo »

Interior (2)

3.3 Removing and installing wheel housing
trim (4-door models)
Note
Removal and installation are described for the left vehicle side.
Follow same instructions for the right side as appropriate.
Removing
– Fold bench seat forwards.
– Fold backrest forwards.
– Pull upper area of wheel housing trim -1- out of mountings.
– Pull wheel housing trim out of remaining mountings.

prog-amateur2
New

Post by prog-amateur2 »

Thanks a lot for your pictures.

Something is still bothering me (I think it's my way of translating that's might be wrong): you have to remove the wheel arch according to the instructions. But in the last picture it looks like you just have to open the trim next to the rear seats (since you have to fold them down too).

So why do you have to go under the car and unscrew the wheel arch if the buzzer is next to the rear seats (since it is small)?

Thanks again for your help
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

According to your link it says wheel housing trim in general body repairs, 'interior'. Nothing is specified about the wheel arch (exterior).

Don't worry, these things usually happen. Learning to interpret is the important thing... those of us who have languages of Romance origin find it a little more difficult to learn languages of Germanic origin. What matters in the end is being able to understand each other, knowing that you can communicate with everyone on the planet is an extraordinary feeling. 8)

By the way, French is one of the most beautiful languages, intonation, grammar, etc... I love French.😍
prog-amateur2
New

Post by prog-amateur2 »

Wow, that makes me feel better! A huge thank you for your help, the language barrier often puts you in funny situations.

Thank you for the French, I'm from the Paris area, so in the summer, I also have the great pleasure to hear the tourists speak in different languages. Paris shines when it is full of tourists.

Before globalization, it was even more obvious because people used to dress in their local clothes, nowadays we all have pants and a top, it has lost a bit of its charm, but fortunately, we kept our languages hehe!

Once again, thank you very much for your kind help ! I hope that the buzzer is faulty, thus I could solve my issue