Chinese Auto Headlight switch problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
likwidboy
New
Drives: 2011 polo 6r 1.2

Chinese Auto Headlight switch problem

Post by likwidboy »

I bought an auto headlight switch from Ali Express. I removed the light selector switch barrel and replaced it with the Chinese model which has th e light sensor built in the unit itself - not on a separate cable that you have to mount on the dash. No matter what position a put the switch into, the lights remain on - dipped headlights permanently on, even when switching to sidelights. When I cover the sensor with a towel to simulate nighttime and turn the engine off and lock the car, there are supposed to be guide me home lights, but here's the really bizarre thing. after a turn off the ignition, the car remains running for a few seconds then cuts the engine. then, after locking the doors, the battery re-engages to turn on the "guide me home" lights but it UNLOCKS THE CAR, then the lights turn off after 2 seconds, then turn back on again then off then on until I uncover the sensor again. So basically this thing is a massive security risk! anybody experience this?
giannis20vt
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Re: Chinese Auto Headlight switch problem

Post by giannis20vt »

I have installed such a switch on my car and it works properly for a year.
The problem seems to be in the switch. Are you sure that the switch is the proper one for your car ?