shocked at my gti car insurance increase

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: shocked at my gti car insurance increase

Post by OomStu_ZA »

For comparison here in South Africa my annual insurance amounts to 780 Pounds. Sounds like you guys have it good there :P
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:02 pm Thought I would resurrect this thread.

Just got my renewal through from Darwin and guess what.. it's almost double last years premium.
And Compare the Market cheapest quotes are around 50% + on last years premium.

So... tried VW Insurance (same under writers as Darwin and many others) and the quoted premium (with a much lower excess) is much more palatable.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with VW car insurance?
The policies seem solid. But some of the O/L reviews don't look that great!
I’ve no experience of VW, but if there’s a high proportion of poor customer reviews, that would be a red flag for me.

Historically I’ve avoided any of the following when buying car insurance, even if they’re the cheapest;
  • any insurance company that I’ve not heard of
  • any ‘white label’ insurance product where I’ve not heard of the underwriter
  • any insurance product where the majority of customer reviews are poor
Often if it’s cheapest there’ll be a good reason, and with car insurance that could mean poor customer / claims service.
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

No harm in asking..

I don't have a 'fast car' as in a GTi but I always look around too for cheaper in the quality I am willing to go with but I have had the lowest 'renewal' price from them for the last three years.. nothing I look at has been better or cheaper. It is weird after changing to another insurer almost yearly since I have been driving (1971)

As indicated by others we're all paying more for fraudulent, non insured, non taxed road users. (makes me smile when a court imposes a driving ban of 2 years on these people when they are lawless in the first place.... will make no difference to them anyway)

regarding prices here in this thread.. It is no different in anything you buy... they cover their costs for 'shrinkage' aka stealing.