My auto lock when I drive off has stopped locking , any ideas ?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
curlyrambo
New
Drives: polo gti AW

My auto lock when I drive off has stopped locking , any ideas ?

Post by curlyrambo »

As above, I got a month old polo gti and the doors always locked when driving away but not anymore ?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: My auto lock when I drive off has stopped locking , any ideas ?

Post by SRGTD »

Has your car had any recent software updates - either OTA or dealer installed? With VW’s current track record on software updates, it’s not inconceivable that a software update may have inadvertently removed or disabled the auto-lock function.

I think early pre-facelift cars had the option to enable or disable auto-locking in the car settings - accessed via the infotainment screen - but later removed the option (my 2020 pre-facelift GTI+ doesn’t have the option). Maybe VW may have re-added it and you or another user or your car may have unwittingly turned off auto-locking.

Failing that, it looks like a trip to the dealer might be in order to get it investigated and fixed.
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

I’ve got a Dec. 2022 facelift GTi and the doors still lock once you reach 9 mph (15 km/h).
I could not find any obvious setting in the infotainment screens to be able to disable it.
As SRGTD mentioned seems like a trip to the dealer for investigation
curlyrambo
New
Drives: polo gti AW

Post by curlyrambo »

Discoboy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:11 pm I’ve got a Dec. 2022 facelift GTi and the doors still lock once you reach 9 mph (15 km/h).
I could not find any obvious setting in the infotainment screens to be able to disable it.
As SRGTD mentioned seems like a trip to the dealer for investigation
SRGTD wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:15 pm Has your car had any recent software updates - either OTA or dealer installed? With VW’s current track record on software updates, it’s not inconceivable that a software update may have inadvertently removed or disabled the auto-lock function.

I think early pre-facelift cars had the option to enable or disable auto-locking in the car settings - accessed via the infotainment screen - but later removed the option (my 2020 pre-facelift GTI+ doesn’t have the option). Maybe VW may have re-added it and you or another user or your car may have unwittingly turned off auto-locking.

Failing that, it looks like a trip to the dealer might be in order to get it investigated and fixed.

Cheers guys , will ring dealer Monday
My brother Tiguan r-line has same unit but he has an extra option in menu to turn on & off .
Mine don’t have button sadly 🥲
I had an update a couple of weeks ago but it was working after that 👍
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Mine doesn't auto-lock if I start the journey by reversing. Just double checking, how do you start your journey? :)
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

PO10ASH wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:39 am Mine doesn't auto-lock if I start the journey by reversing. Just double checking, how do you start your journey? :)
When I leave home I need to reverse the car out of the garage but can confirm the doors auto-lock when the car moves forward again. It's a 2019 model pre-facelift.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:45 am
PO10ASH wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:39 am Mine doesn't auto-lock if I start the journey by reversing. Just double checking, how do you start your journey? :)
When I leave home I need to reverse the car out of the garage but can confirm the doors auto-lock when the car moves forward again. It's a 2019 model pre-facelift.
@OomStu_ZA; it’s the same with my 2020 pre-facelift car.
Discoboy
New

Post by Discoboy »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:40 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:45 am
@OomStu_ZA; it’s the same with my 2020 pre-facelift car.
When I leave home I need to reverse the car out of the garage first and can confirm the doors auto-lock when the car moves forward again at more than 9 mph. It's a Dec. 2022 facelift.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

20231022_063735.JPG
20231022_063735.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2281 times
Menu->Car->Open & Close ->Automatic close
Discoboy
New

Post by Discoboy »

Seems the Auto locking disable/enable function is not included on a UK spec car..
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Maybe via VCDS programmable?
My other option is close all windows when locking the car.
That was programmed with VCDS
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

I can set the option on or off and the speed at which it operates on my lowly 2019 Polo 1.o TSi via the multi display unit.. UK spec

strange to leave it off...

I guess it could be coded with VCDS or OBDEleven or similar device.. know anyone with access to one or other?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

My car is a november 2022 facelift gti and has the auto lock function. My wife’s is an august 2022 facelift r line and also has it. It’s been standard on VW cars for ages so sounds more like an issue where it has been taken off yours for some reason.