6R Exhaust and rear bumper advice

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
VoidSixx
New
Drives: 2011 Polo 6R

6R Exhaust and rear bumper advice

Post by VoidSixx »

Hi all hope you're doing well

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding my rear bumper and exhaust system and have a couple of questions. I have a 2011 6R with the 1.2L 3cyl engine.

Currently I have a standard bumper with no visible exhaust tips, the back box and tip is concealed entirely behind the bumper. I'm looking to swap the bumper out for a GTI bumper that I think looks a bit nicer and has provisions for visible exhaust tips. As I understand it this is just a straight swap and will fit without any modification. With all that in mind, I'll of course need to alter the exhaust system to get the exhaust tips to line up in the correct location.

What are my options regarding systems? I'm not looking for anything obnoxiously loud, just something that has a nice tone to it. This system by Gravity Performance seems like the best option I've found so far. It says it's for a 1.2 (not compatible with TSI models) so I can only imagine that means a 3cyl like mine. Does anyone know if this will line up with a GTI bumper correctly? And how does it sound?

If that doesn't work out, does anybody know if a 1.4 TSI system will fit my 1.2 3cyl? A Scorpion back box like this seems like a nice choice but they only do a 1.4 TSI option which I'm not sure will fit onto my existing pipe? Or if it will line up with the bumper?

Thanks in advance