Polo 6R Headlight Switch Pin Diagram

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
john2k
New
Drives: 2012 Polo

Polo 6R Headlight Switch Pin Diagram

Post by john2k »

I have a 2012 6R very basic model polo which has the headlight button that looks like the following picture below. I'm trying to find the pinout wiring diagram for this switch to find out when The switch is turned from the Off (0) position to the first notch (parking light) does it activate a certain pin on this switch?

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Polo 6R Headlight Switch Pin Diagram

Post by ciclo »

T17/16 is the signal output pin for activating the parking lights.

In 6R basic models (without BCM Max), it supplies power to the dimmer, also to the license plate lights and informs the BCM so that it activates the parking/side lights.
The wire can be grey/blue or grey/yellow of 1mm2 thickness (depending on the equipment).

What do you want to do with this signal (58)?
john2k
New

Post by john2k »

ciclo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:04 pm T17/16 is the signal output pin for activating the parking lights.

In 6R basic models (without BCM Max), it supplies power to the dimmer, also to the license plate lights and informs the BCM so that it activates the parking/side lights.
The wire can be grey/blue or grey/yellow of 1mm2 thickness (depending on the equipment).

What do you want to do with this signal (58)?
Thanks for your reply. What I am trying to do is activate the parking light by providing 12v via relay which only activates when car is off and linked to cental locking. So, just trying to figure out what exactly happens when the headlight switch is turned to the parking light position? Does it take a power source from one pin and allow it to flow to another? Hope I am making sense :)

So if i wanted to activate the parking lights, what sort of signal can I provide to T17/16 to get the BCM to activate the parking lights and deactivate?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The problem is that the electrical circuit of the parking lights is monitored by the BCM and I assume that what you intend to do with the relay would generate faults in the diagnosis.

However, you have the signal from the interior lights when you open the vehicle with the remote control/central lock ... maybe this signal would be useful for what you want to achieve?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Note:
- The following diagrams are only applicable to 6R (EU) without BCM Max. There may be some variations on models prior to 2012.

Light switch. T17/16 (58) Parking/side lights. Goes to fuse and BCM.

From Fuse to dimmer.

To Dimmer/regulator and plate lights.

From BCM to parking lights (front and rear, left) (right side is the same but from T73a/40)
john2k
New

Post by john2k »

Thank you. I will have a play around and see what I can figure out.