Problems with Original/Genuine VCP.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Problems with Original/Genuine VCP.

Post by ciclo »

Hi everyone.

At the beginning of the year my W10 laptop was updated through Microsoft automatic updates, and my W10 has blocked/deleted/quarantined VCP programs.
Windows Security says the 'activator' contains viruses. The first date of virus detection was 01/01/2024.

Also recently, two or three days ago, I updated Google Chrome and if I try to download the executable setup for installing the programs from the official vcpsystem website :arrow: https://vcpsystem.com/i19,download.html Chrome does not allow it, it also warns me that it contains viruses. I give permission to download despite the warnings.
Once the program is installed, I run the activator which requires updating, but when it is updated it blocks again due to Windows security.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I'm a bit puzzled... please, is there anyone around here who is suffering from the same symptoms?

Thanks for your help.
ciclo

Re: Problems with Original/Genuine VCP.

Post by ciclo »

On my W7 laptop my ORIGINAL/GENUINE VCP (with annual payment paid) works perfectly.

My W7 laptop is one of those gems that has fortunately not received any type of update from Microsoft for many years.
I have never seen the vulnerability of programs or web browsing compromised. Works like a charm!!!!πŸ’Ž

Who is to blame for my ORIGINAL/GENUINE VCP not working on my W10 laptop? Problems with certificates?

Who is the scoundrel? Who is a thief? Who are real corrupt people?
It is extremely annoying that, due to non-existent security protection, a third party deletes YOUR programs from YOUR computer...
Every time the laptop is updated, millions of data are stolen. STOLEN.

We will have to continue walking through heaven and hell... 🀭
giannis20vt
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Post by giannis20vt »

it is a given that if someone wants to work with such tools, he must have disconnected the computer from the internet. This is the best solution.
Of course, this can't be done all the time either, at some point it will need some upgrade tool or new windows (maybe) to work.
Whatever the solution, a laptop is just a specific tool, cut off as much as possible from the internet.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Well, it's precisely the opposite, especially when it comes to remote connections. :arrow: https://vcpwebif.com/
These ORIGINAL diagnostic tools must be able to work in any environment, and the experience of any type of CUSTOMER must be totally pleasant, that is, the diagnostic tool is a simple device that should go completely unnoticed and do its job safely without any concern for the CUSTOMER.
Instead, it seems that the CUSTOMER must be a demigod and must know absolutely everything to resolve conflicts in communication networks and data processing...

Ask many workshops what happens when they communicate with the vehicle brands' servers for remote assistance, it's absolute chaos...

In any case, I appreciate your comments, nobody or almost nobody seems to care that their 'life' is stolen (smartphones, etc).
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

YES = πŸ’©

βœ…

Sorry, this one doesn't go here... 😁
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Hi dear MasterπŸ‘‹

I too faced issues when installing VCP in my Win7 and win11. VCP support always instructed me to disable Antivirus/ firewall before installation. When antivirus or windows defender is disabled, VCP works without problem.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

I know nothing about VCP itself but do know about computers and how Windows has become a less and less user-friendly OS as time goes on.

If you're not willing to dig through registry edits, group policy and potentially BIOS settings to prevent updates, then I'd use O&O ShutUp 10 to strip out most of the annoying Windows stuff as well as disabling automatic updates and many other things. I would apply the recommended changes then have a scroll through and decide what else you want rid of.
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Just make sure to make the changes to the user and system levels.

As for Chrome, it'll probably be an issue with certificates and or a false positive on whatever they're using for virus signature detection. Or they for some reason didn't like the zip file, only they know. The download link itself returned no issues from Virustotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bde2 ... 38d731ab54

I couldn't get the file to download no matter what I tried so suggest using a non-chromium browser like Firefox to get it for now if you haven't already managed to get it downloaded. You can then upload the exe to something like virus total and see if anything is flagging it as suspicious.

If you use the machine only for VCP then you could probably go ahead and try to disable Windows Defender permanently using group policy. A guide I found:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perm ... windows-10 : Heading HOW TO DISABLE MICROSOFT DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS USING GROUP POLICY

Just exercise a generous amount of caution online going forward if you ever need to on that machine.

If you use the machine regularly for other tasks then you're kind of stuck to going into the AV and disabling it each time before you run the exe. There's a section in the same guide linked above for temporarily disabling it. A faff that shouldn't be needed but it's better than having no AV at all.

As for the cause of the issue itself, I'd raise it with VCP somehow as if it's only become an issue recently something may have changed that's causing a false positive or a certificate has expired at the start of the year. They being the software vendor are more likely to get the detection issues resolved rather than reporting it to Google, Microsoft etc.

Hopefully it gets sorted as the last thing you want to be doing is dicking about with the tools trying to get them to work rather than doing the job they're needed for.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

patil wrote: ↑Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:37 pm Hi dear MasterπŸ‘‹

I too faced issues when installing VCP in my Win7 and win11. VCP support always instructed me to disable Antivirus/ firewall before installation. When antivirus or windows defender is disabled, VCP works without problem.
Hi my dear DoctorπŸ€—, thank you very much for the information.

I have always had the firewall and Windows security activated 100% and until now I had no problems installing or 'using' the VCP. In fact, it is something that makes me feel comfortable when I use it.
It baffles me that during the installation process of these ORIGINAL tools the user/client/customer has to deactivate the Antivirus/Firewall or 'add exceptions' regardless of the browser or support that is used... well, surely there will be a billion rules and god-level regulations that are beyond our knowledge.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Nevertheless/However...
:arrow: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#detail ... /017903725

πŸ™
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Bepis wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 am I know nothing about VCP itself but do know about computers and how Windows has become a less and less user-friendly OS as time goes on.

If you're not willing to dig through registry edits, group policy and potentially BIOS settings to prevent updates, then I'd use O&O ShutUp 10 to strip out most of the annoying Windows stuff as well as disabling automatic updates and many other things. I would apply the recommended changes then have a scroll through and decide what else you want rid of.
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Just make sure to make the changes to the user and system levels.

As for Chrome, it'll probably be an issue with certificates and or a false positive on whatever they're using for virus signature detection. Or they for some reason didn't like the zip file, only they know. The download link itself returned no issues from Virustotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bde2 ... 38d731ab54

I couldn't get the file to download no matter what I tried so suggest using a non-chromium browser like Firefox to get it for now if you haven't already managed to get it downloaded. You can then upload the exe to something like virus total and see if anything is flagging it as suspicious.

If you use the machine only for VCP then you could probably go ahead and try to disable Windows Defender permanently using group policy. A guide I found:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perm ... windows-10 : Heading HOW TO DISABLE MICROSOFT DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS USING GROUP POLICY

Just exercise a generous amount of caution online going forward if you ever need to on that machine.

If you use the machine regularly for other tasks then you're kind of stuck to going into the AV and disabling it each time before you run the exe. There's a section in the same guide linked above for temporarily disabling it. A faff that shouldn't be needed but it's better than having no AV at all.

As for the cause of the issue itself, I'd raise it with VCP somehow as if it's only become an issue recently something may have changed that's causing a false positive or a certificate has expired at the start of the year. They being the software vendor are more likely to get the detection issues resolved rather than reporting it to Google, Microsoft etc.

Hopefully it gets sorted as the last thing you want to be doing is dicking about with the tools trying to get them to work rather than doing the job they're needed for.
Hi Bepis, thank you very much for your time and this valuable information, it is a fortune to have you here (againπŸ‘Œ).

I have read the links you have posted and I consider them to be very interesting πŸ’Ž, I will decide how to use them for these questions.

I finally downloaded and installed the VCP programs on my W10 laptop with antivirus/firewal activated (as you can see in the third image I posted).
The trick was not to install the new VCP Activator version/update (from 9.6 to 9.7) and now everything works as it should.
Today I used the VCP Activator again and the new version 9.7 is no longer offered... maybe it's a temporary issue.

As for Chrome, it still detects/says that the website https://vcpwebif.com/ is not secure.
As you say, only they know why.

I wonder why the hell the original VCP programs I had installed were blocked/deleted and now work perfectly...πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

πŸ€—
govindsharma
Bronze Member
Drives: polo 1.2 petrol HighLine

Post by govindsharma »

Patil ji if anyone have genuine Software VCP than why should he desable firewell and antivirus ?
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

ciclo wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:43 am As for Chrome, it still detects/says that the website https://vcpwebif.com/ is not secure.
Seems it's a certificate issue on the site, likely lapsing at the end of 2023 or early 2024. That will probably be the cause of most of the trouble you were facing.
VCP Certificate issue.PNG
VCP Certificate issue.PNG (19.45 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Click through on the "not secure" bit next to the URL and view the certificate data. My AV keeps inserting its own certificates so can't see the one for the site.

Good to hear you got it working again :D
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Today Windows Security once again detects that the VCP Activator contains a virus/threat and blocks/delete/quarantins it again. Therefore the VCP stops working.😟

With everything we have discussed previously in this thread, I draw my conclusions and proceed drastically to solve it as follows:
- I go to the virus/threat history in Windows security.
- I restore the supposed virus/threat detected. This makes the VCP Activator available for use again.
- I add an exclusion/exception in the windows security settings to the file C:\vcp8\vcpactivator8.exe.
- It is now possible to update the Activator from version 9.6 to 9.7 without having problems. I update it.
- No more problems. VCP works as it should (fully updated).

I don't like adding exclusions in windows security settings but it seems that there is no other way to get 'ORIGINAL/GENUINE' VCP working.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Info for Bepis:
- 'VCP Activator' is the part of the program that allows the update of the tool (including the self-update itself), and communication with the servers (user/client detection, subscription, download of cool files, technical support, etc).
- 'VCP System' is the part of the program that allows the use of the diagnostic tool in the vehicle.

Many thanks to all the participants in this thread for your help and support, which has been very instructive and pleasant.😊
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

govindsharma wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:26 am

Patil ji if anyone have genuine Software VCP than why should he desable firewell and antivirus ?
Good point. I had raised this issue with VCP support team back then when I was trying to install VCP for the first time in Win7. They simply told me to disable Antivirus/ windows firewall before installation without giving any further explanation. VCP developers should answer this question. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ