Interior Detailing

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RobJJW
New
Drives: GTI Plus

Interior Detailing

Post by RobJJW »

Hi everyone,

What products are you guys using to keep the interior of your GTIs in showroom condition?

All replies greatly appreciated.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Interior Detailing

Post by SRGTD »

The interior of my GTI+ rarely gets dirty, so usually it gets just a quick vacuum of the seats and carpets, a shake out and brush of the floor mats and a wipe over or brush of the dash and other plastic parts with a clean microfibre cloth and / or a soft bristled detailing brush. For the interior surfaces of the windows and windscreen, I use Autobrite Crystal glass cleaner (I use it on the outside glass too). If the dash air vents are dusty between the slats, I use the soft detailing brush to remove the dust.

IMHO doing the above regularly eliminates the need for lots of interior cleaning products, and the interior of my car is still pretty much in showroom condition after 41 months of ownership. Consumption of food and drink in the car is a big no-no for me, so I don’t ever have any food or drink spillages to contend with.

I do have some Poorboys Natural Look Dressing for the interior plastics and trim but I think I’ve only used it a couple of times since I got the car in September 2020, and then I used it mainly for its smell (it smells of marzipan! 🙂).
RobJJW
New
Drives: GTI Plus

Post by RobJJW »

Cheers SRGTD :D
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

For the dash and (plastic) trims Poorboy's Natural Look
The rest as SRGTD describes.

When very dirty you could buy an extractor or have a detailer do this for you
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

similar the SRGTD

I rarely have food and drink either and we are extremely careful (we have no kids) if we do.

A friend got in my car recently and said it still looked brand new.. (it is 2019 plate so was well chuffed with that comment. :)

I did find an interior wipe pack from a local Aldi when they were doing a 'car week' .. they clean dust off surfaces like the console or binnacle so easily but doesn't leave any residue.. I was really surprised. Being tight with money (I won't mention the P word here :) I manage to get the larger, cleaner, surfaces done and move down to grubbier sections that don't show (i.e. bottom of the car doors) with the same cloth.. they are quite large pieces when unfolded. I can get away with two usually if not really dusty. I wash them out afterwards and dry them to use under bonnet like dipstick wipes.

..and I'm not a Yorkshireman.. No offense to Yorkshiremen.. they have got it right in my eyes.. :D :D
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

From new the interior fabrics (seats, carpets, mats and boot trim) where treated with Gyeon Q2 fabricoat, once dry it makes it virtually waterproof and resistant to coffee and other liquids, the glass was treated with nilglass and other surfaces treated with Koch-Chemie GUF Gummifix
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

I took a quick look at that as never heard of it previously.. it's not cheap is it!

80ml does 1 sq/m small bottle will do 1 1/2 and they recommend doing it every 6 months. Think I'll just be careful

.. each to his own of course
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Food and drink isn’t consumed in my car, so drink spillages and difficult to remove food detritus from the seats and carpets isn’t an issue (I only use the cup holders in the centre console as a place to put my keys and petrol receipts; not drinks 🤣).

I have a waterproof boot liner with quite a high lip around the edge, so if anything from the weekly grocery shopping trip does get broken and/or spilt, then hopefully it’ll be contained within the ‘walls’ of the liner and not spill over onto the boot floor / boot trim.