Both front wheel bearings?!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chevmat08
New
Drives: 2004 9n 1.9tdi

Both front wheel bearings?!

Post by chevmat08 »

Okay so bear with me on this one, 130k 1.9tdi pd100. I've got most of a fish, fairly well maintained before I got it and I've done my best to keep it up.

my passenger front makes a wubwubwubwub noise (speeds up and down relatively to the speed of the vehicle not revs).

I'd been trying to figure out what was causing this and the bearing has no play and no apparent issue according to mechanic who did mot. I've changed the tie rod ends, anti roll bar links and bushes. The front rotors and pads last year. No clue kcs or bangs on full lock back or forward (no clicking either).

I've now got the age old sign of knackered bearing on the front right (drivers side). Again no play but roaring that's relative to vehicle speed (not revs, in and out of gear). Same as above.

Now the tyres were being scrubbed but this was down to a knackered bush on the anti roll bar (since changed them- the bar had some movement if you pulledit it side to side, it was terrible)

Now I have both ball joints but again theyve been suggested as being A-OK by mechanic, no damage or signs of wear apparent. No play in the wheel hub. I want to just change them both but I'd need a VW bearing puller tool (so do I just eat the cost and buy it or pay garage to swap?)

I mean what are the chances they both go, but oddly different, around the same mileage?