2022 GTi - Playing Music via SD card/USB

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Biffco
New
Drives: None Yet

2022 GTi - Playing Music via SD card/USB

Post by Biffco »

Hi all.

In my previous cars I’ve used a USB memory stick with my library of music on but my Polo doesn’t have any USB-A slots.

Details in the manual are vague regarding the SD card slot in the glovebox, can anyone confirm if this is a dummy slot/card holder only?

I assume my only option aside from Bluetooth streaming is a USB-C memory stick of some description.

Has anyone had success and can recommend a low profile solution please?

Many Thanks

Steve
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: 2022 GTi - Playing Music via SD card/USB

Post by Maarten »

Just use an USB-C stick, you have 4 slots :wink:
funkyg
New
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by funkyg »

If it’s anything like the pre facelift GTI then yes it’s a real SD slot. I have a 256GB card in mine with all my music on, although I find it easier to play from my phone anyway.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

The SD slot in the glovebox is blank, and there’s no card reader connecting it to the infotainment system. The facelift from the AW to BZ models saw the removal of both the SD card reader and the CD player, although the cut outs are there, they’re neither use nor ornament. I assume that you could retrofit the devices, someone else might be able to confirm that the wiring plugs are there behind the dashboard, but it would probably need coding to the car.
The facelift relies heavily on streaming of media from either your phone or music streaming services, and they require a subscription.
Biffco
New

Post by Biffco »

Thanks for the replies everyone, I don’t have enough free space on my iPhone to hold any reasonable amount of music so have always relied on usb in the past. I’ve ordered a usb c drive to sit in one of the front slots.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Has anyone found a solution for playing music via the USB port in the front? But as all my computers are USB-A, using a USB-C memory stick isn’t going to work for me, I’ve tried to use a SD/micro SD/USB-A card reader/adaptor but the car wouldn’t recognise it. So does anyone have a solution for this
Biffco
New

Post by Biffco »

I bought a USB C memory stick and a USB A to USB C adapter to go into my laptop