Search found 9 matches

by Jpich85
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Thanks veteran I'll take another look through them, I think I'd be capable of an oil change and filter, it'll be good to see what needs checking tho so I can stay on top of it all, I know these engines are quite new but would you say it's a decent engine? I know vw use to have a really good ...
by Jpich85
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Thanks guys I appreciate the time you've taken to reply and you've definitely cleared up a few things.
I think I do have all the documents, it was pivot the one owner before me so everything still seems to be new in the manual pack I received with it.
I will keep an eye out for any noise and I'll ...
by Jpich85
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Sorry mate yes it second hand and was previously serviced twice at the main deal before I owned it, do you think that means it's a fixed service term?

Yes sorry again I did mean QG1 so I refer to the manual with that code and it represents Ql1?

Is there a list of things to check and at which ...
by Jpich85
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:21 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Thanks veteran I appreciate your information I would like to service it myself but I'm not use to these new engines lol, I'm usually more of an old school man use to working on old gsxr engines for some time.

Do you recommend getting it serviced at a vw garage? What prices would I expect for the ...
by Jpich85
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Wow thanks guys that's some great help there and I really appreciate it, I'll definitely be checking the cambelt regularly and be careful when topping up the oil, I've never spend this much on a car before so I want to look after it, it's strange I thought finally having a vw and with the price it's ...
by Jpich85
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Thanks guys I appreciate your help, I've read in the manual about a flexible and fixed service intervals, would anyone know which one mine would be, I think from what I can tell it's fixed but wanted to be 100%?
Also I've researched that there was a problem and a recall on the 1.2tsi about a cambelt ...
by Jpich85
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Not the best pic but it's the only one I have atm.
It's a 64 1.2 tsi se bluemotion
by Jpich85
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:11 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

Re: New polo owner looking for some help.

Ok mate I'll try and post one now :-)
by Jpich85
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: New polo owner looking for some help.
Replies: 19
Views: 3929

New polo owner looking for some help.

Hi everyone we've just picked up our new polo test it's a 2014 polo 1.2tsi bluemotion and I really love it, after owning a lot of boring cars all my life it was great to finally own something I've wanted for a while.
I'm just looking for some information on it which I couldn't find in the manual ...