Blind Spot Detection Help

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Blind Spot Detection Help

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

Guy I’m looking to find anyone that can help who has Blind Spot Detection on there polo.

I’m currently getting the parts together to do this but I really could do with the Coding for this so if any has VCDS that can give me Scan info that would be awesome.

Cheers

Scott
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: Blind Spot Detection Help

Post by roywolfey »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:41 pm Guy I’m looking to find anyone that can help who has Blind Spot Detection on there polo.

I’m currently getting the parts together to do this but I really could do with the Coding for this so if any has VCDS that can give me Scan info that would be awesome.

Cheers

Scott
You could always go down the kufatec route..
https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswagen/v ... -aw1-42675
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

I have the parts and looms and Kufatec have said that they don’t do this for RHD vehicles.

It’s the coding help that I need from someone...if I could get a scan and channel maps of some modules that would help massively.

Scott
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:55 am I have the parts and looms and Kufatec have said that they don’t do this for RHD vehicles.

It’s the coding help that I need from someone...if I could get a scan and channel maps of some modules that would help massively.

Scott
Ahhhh, OK, I do have blind spot monitoring on my car but unfortunately I have an older VCDS Hex Can which doesn’t work properly on the latest vehicles. :(
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

My GTi+, which is currently on a ship somewhere off the west coast of Africa, has it installed (was pre-ordered car, I wouldn't have spec'd it myself). If you have no luck before I get mine I could look for you if it is possible to do with OBDEleven?

What extra hardware is required for it, does it get extra sensors in the rear bumper etc?
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

Guys a question about how the blind spot works.

1-Do the indicator squares light up when the system starts and when the system warns you. (Not when indicating)

2-Also is there a warning in the cluster when the system alerts you

Cheers

Scott
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:21 pm Guys a question about how the blind spot works.

1-Do the indicator squares light up when the system starts and when the system warns you. (Not when indicating)

Cheers

Scott
1 - Yes, they light up briefly when starting the car (not start/stop) and Yes, they light up solid if another vehicle is in the blind spot. They also FLASH if you're indicating and the lane is blocked by a vehicle in the blind spot.
2 - No that I have seen