Poor VW Service cannot be tolerated

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
morrismen
Silver Member

Poor VW Service cannot be tolerated

Post by morrismen »

VW Service and Customer Service are appalling.

The Pedal Box Recall was handled terribly by VW and its dealers, and what makes it worse is that VW are not prepared to compensate owners for their VW dealers poor workmanship, rather it is expected that the owners have to barter with dealers to fix problems they cause with their work on the car during this recall. :x

VW Customer Service have taken the view that if VW dealers are not going to pay for fixes to problems they have caused, then it is down to the owner to pay for it. I find this completely unacceptable and have told them so :!:

So, I have finally taken the decision to sell my beloved VW GTi. Currently looking for another manufacturers car. :idea:
ali
New

Post by ali »

My GTi averaged back to the dealers every 4 months (servicing/warranty work, fixing poor warranty work) over 4 1/2 years. Replaced the car with second hand Honda Civic Type R, never had any problems in 11 months.
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Must be a lucky one as my VW dealer is excellent, pedalbox recall was done well and they even cleaned the car at the same time (also do this at each service). I then got a full refund for the pedal box I had paid for 2 months before. When my water pump went they didn't have a space for a week but said to drop it off and they would try and fit it in ,next day I had the car back repaired!

I have done 42k in 3 years myself and have been happy with the car. (Still think it would have been a much better GTi with the 1.8T in it like the Ibiza Cupra though)
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I'm with Dave, I've had nothing but great service from my local dealership. After some teething troubles during the 12-month warranty period (mostly electrical niggles) it's been fine. They didn't know about the recall when I booked the car in for the work but got on the blower to VW customer services when I produced the letter and it was sorted the next day :)

Of course not every dealer is the same, no-one's perfect and if you've had nothing but bad or average service then it doesn't cast a good light over the rest of the dealer network I suppose...

Sorry to hear you're selling up, but good luck with finiding a replacement!

Cheers
blackgti2000
New

Post by blackgti2000 »

Took car in today to get the cluth pedal looked at, need a new pedal box as something has bent or something. Just got the pedal box recall done 3 month ago when we got the car so not amused :x
morrismen
Silver Member

And so it goes on...

Post by morrismen »

The Pedal Box recall was not successful. I know one whose pedal box collapsed under heavy braking - after the new 6X pedal box was fitted :!:

Customer Service in the VW dealerships is generally okay, though they don't admit to CREATING problems and rather have customers pay (and prove) it was the dealerships doing. If there is any dispute, VW Customer Services are no help what-so-ever. You may as well pi$$ in the wind as what ever you tell them comes right back in your face the same way.

Anyway, I've sold my Polo GTi now and bought another trusty Ford. :D I'm glad to be rid of the poor service that comes with the VW brand. :roll:
Rozzie
Getting There!

Post by Rozzie »

i tend to agree with Dave, never had a problem with VW. My mum and dad both own VW's too and we love the service we get.

Volkswagen are far better cars than a lot of others out there.

Boo to you who dont agree :twisted:
morrismen
Silver Member

Really?

Post by morrismen »

I have never had ANYTHING permanently FIXED by a VW dealer, rather they seem to keep your car for a day or more, spray a bit of WD40 on the problem and hope that cures it for a while (until you sell the car they hope :twisted: ). Well, its worked for me. :arrow:

The only competent thing I had done was a scheduled service, which basically came down to an oil change, and I may as well have done that myself :shock:

But VW Customer Service will eventually get you in a tight spot between the dealer and themselves with you arbitrating and getting nowhere, and then you'll see what I mean. When you become the piggy-in-the-middle, then you'll probably change your mind :!:

Good Luck! :wink:
morrismen
Silver Member

My GTi goes

Post by morrismen »

My lovely GTi is gone on Wednesday. I am going for a car manufacturer with a decent service record.

It's been a pleasure sharing info with all you guys. :wink:
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

Its a shame to see you go mate. Its a pity that you haven't had much look with your car or VW customer service.

If your after a manufacturer with good service records, it looks like your going with a Japanese car then. :wink: :lol:

Mat
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Dude, sorry to hear you go mate, still pop in and say hello when you are free and remember to let us know what you decided to get as a replacement to the GTI and your opinions.
morrismen
Silver Member

Went for...

Post by morrismen »

Well, I went for a Fiesta ST - these are blooming great!

Ford Service is impecable - they deal with problems at the dealership quickly and effectively - not like VW Service (or lack of it) and the parts are real cheap comparitively - not that I need to worry with a manufacturers 3 year warranty :) Well pleased.

Will be back on my previous Ford Forum now. Thanks for all the feedback and info over the past year. :wink: Laters.
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

good choice mate, tbh i'd be selling the polo and getting something more reliable and fun if I had the money, enjoy your new car :)
andyd
New

Post by andyd »

My GTI is now into the third week of being at the dealers............I'm starting to forget what it looks like!! :( :( :(
jimmadee
New

Post by jimmadee »

andyd wrote:My GTI is now into the third week of being at the dealers............I'm starting to forget what it looks like!! :( :( :(
Out of interest what are you having done to the car?, I've had the egnine speed and cam sensor go.

The speed sensor is on back order and they say i'll have to wait 12 days!.
I just hope that this won't be like my car mats which have been on back order for 3 months!.