Got alittle anal with my arches yesterday..

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
dub envy

Got alittle anal with my arches yesterday..

Post by dub envy »

So I had a bottle of gunk in my garage and a bit of spare time and thought that my arches were looking a little unloved!!

before

after

Was going to have a go at the Golf too, but figured the arches could be sh!t or gold plated and no one would be any the wiser!!

*like my new Marshall Powerracer tyres???? hahaha*

The paint under the arches on the GT was still very good, and figured that no harm could be done from removing 12yrs of road grime from them!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i do that too occasionally too, in fact i did it the other day, i just use some wheel cleaner, a sponge and a short bristled brush and them scrub em out. also while your in there its a good idea to check everything (play in components etc) oh and for those of you with coilovers its a good idea to lube them so they dont seize (trust me its not fun :( )
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

tell me about it! My Avo platforms on the Golf have 4 seized grub screws! :(
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Did you clean and de-grease the fuel filler neck under the o/s rear arch ? It's suprising how much mud and dirt that collects behind them, this is what causes corrosion on them. Last week I cleaned and wax-oiled my fuel tank neck to keep rust at bay. Did the rest of the arch too, could see the original blue paint :o
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

Hell yeah! I was shocked at the hideous amount of crap that was stuck behind the filler neck! It took ages with the jet spray to get it all out!!!