one for the Mk5 owners

Detailing & Bodywork
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

one for the Mk5 owners

Post by polo2k »

Hey all

quick question. what do you use to get a flay-matt-really black/grey finish on the mk5 dash.

with it being porus i try and use something with hydrating agents in it and the best i have found so far is leather care cream.

What do you all use on the mk5 interior?
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

I make a habit of not putting any cleaners on the dash or If i use any I use very diluted solutions.

If there is any dirt on it (grease from fingers etc) I will gently wipe off with some very mild soapy water. Most of the time all you get is dust, so I use a hoover with a swiffer attachment and that cleans it great, the parts of the dash that are not pimpled (the centre vent) get cleaned with a tiny bit of armoral matt finish dash cleaner.

The matt finish you get from a cars dash when new will be kept best by not using silicon based products (back to black/cockpit shine etc etc) Its best just to use a hoover with a swiffer attachment.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

mine has started to dehydrate a little (feels rougher) and fade slightly, any advise?
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

I just use good old soapy water, does the trick! The dry properly and wipe with a wet wash! Open windows and allow it to dry by itself..

I find this works a treat!

Phill.
wul3er
Gold Member

Post by wul3er »

Not sure of what Cleaner to recomend but i bought a Static Dash Spong from Tesco which worked really good.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I use a very light mist of AutoGlym vinyl and rubber care.

and rub it in with a piece of kitchen roll and this soaks up any excess to stop it going glossy.