some buying advice

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nickpolo
Gold Member

some buying advice

Post by nickpolo »

hi guys,

i've just sold my car and have about 5,000 - 6,000 to spend, and have been looking at the 1.4 16v 100bhp polos (00-02) but these are thin on the ground, and am wondering if i might be happier with a gti.

would this sort of money buy me a good example? also are performance and equipment etc a lot better than the 1.4 i've been looking for?

many thanks for any thoughts guys

nick
hot_polo
Bronze Member

Post by hot_polo »

im looking for a gti too, i have heard some good news about them, the spec is excellent most of them have climate control, all of them have 16" bbs alloys and xenon headlamps as standard, dash looks superb aswell and most of them have a 6 disc cd changer too, :wink:
they are lovely cars :lol: no doubt about it, but for 5-6k you might be able to buy an absolute minter with leathers :wink: which is what you want on those cold winter mornings, slap on the heated seats :wink: :wink:
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I looked at the 100bhp 16v a while back. They are quite hard to come across, so I gave up and waited a year and got my GTi.
Fact is it's quicker, looks better in my opinion, and comes with a better spec. And also it says GTi on the back, which means a lot to me.

With 5-6k to spend you could get a very tidy GTi. Lot of people want one with leather, I didn't, but thats my personal opinion. Later cars have a more definite spec, whereas the early ones can be a little bit all over the shop.

Just for reference, the GTi came with 15inch BBS split-rim alloys.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Only thing is, if you want one with leathers then you have to be prepared to wait, I've been looking for a GTi for 3 months (with or without leather), have only seen a couple with leather (well in Silver anyway) I have found that the decent ones seem to sell within a few days, others that don't sell usually deter me as they are so sought after, it makes me wonder why they haven't gone.
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

I'm also looking to buy a GTi and may be going to see one this weekend. What sort of questions should i be asking the dealer/looking for on the car? I know about the pedal box but what other things do you need to watch out for?