Buffing

Detailing & Bodywork
Barney
Getting There!

Buffing

Post by Barney »

i looked at my car next to a mates the other day and allthough i polish it fairly often it still seemed dull by comparison so i was thinking about buying one of those soft furry pads and buffing the whole body. Has anyone done this and is it a good idea cos my dad has done it before on my mums old F reg beemer and it ate through the varnish at one small point. my paint is 7 years old, well apart from the right handside thanx to a trip along the central reservation of motorway :oops: . Has anyone any advice or tips of how to brighten it up, allot
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

How old is the car? What polish do you use?

Maybe some Meguiars Paint Cleaner (removes crap from the paint) with some polish and wax on top.
Barney
Getting There!

Post by Barney »

like i say its 7years old and i think its turtle wax, my dad uses it on his motor so i guessed its ok.
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

Agree with Dino.

You can also tray Meguiars clay. it will take out all the ingrained rubbish and give you a really smooth finish. then polish and wax. Autoglym and Meguiars will both give good results. Never tried turtlewax.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Not a fan of turtlewax - i love the finish i get with meguiars shampoo, autoglym super resign polish and harly wax (which i imported from the US for £17 :oops: )

I need to clay my paint work though.