standard factory fit tyre size

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nickpolo
Gold Member

standard factory fit tyre size

Post by nickpolo »

hi guys,

does anyone know what the standard tyre size is for the gti? want to go and find out some prices but havent got the car to look myself at the moment.

thanks

nick
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

195-45-15

I just ordered some from mytyres.co.uk
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

thanks neil - what tyres would people recomend? i need something that isnt too soft so it lasts well, but dont want to be sliding off the roundabout in the winters etc

thanks

n
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's !! (very good wet and dry grip and last well too :) )
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Prash wrote:Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's !! (very good wet and dry grip and last well too :) )
^^ What he said 8)

I've got Toyo Proxes T1S all round, but if you're going to be doing a fair few miles they're probably too soft and won't last as long as you want them to.
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Yup the goodyear eagle F1's are what I've orderd. They look good too, If its possible to have a good looking trye :?:
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

toyo T1-S but saying that the kumos where a very predictable tyre! and very cheap
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

Prash wrote:Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's !! (very good wet and dry grip and last well too :) )
yep, can't complain about mine so far!
PoloCornwall
Bronze Member

Post by PoloCornwall »

khumos are a good tyre, at my old garage we used to sell them by the boat load, but i believe Eagle F1's are currently being stopped making, they are ancient tyres, im only 18 but i worked in with tyres for best part of 3 years before i quit, in my honest opinion Toyo Proxies Numero Uno
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

dubpolo wrote:toyo T1-S but saying that the kumos where a very predictable tyre! and very cheap
PMSL........ Predictable is true but completely bolloxed by 125 bhp i believe were your words :shock:

I like em and can't unstick em no matter how hard I try but I've only got half the BHP :wink:
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

nickpolo wrote:thanks neil - what tyres would people recomend? i need something that isnt too soft so it lasts well, but dont want to be sliding off the roundabout in the winters etc

thanks

n
errr tread pattern will be the key to that - sticky rubber doesn't make a sozles bit of difference in the wet what you want is plenty of channels to get the water out of the way
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

thanks bstardchild - the only car i've had before was a pug 106 quiksilver, so i'm not really experienced with tyres/power etc. what would you recommend as a standard tyre then?

thanks

ps - your alloy refurb guide is sitting here prined out wating till i've got a weekend free - thanks
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

I've got the Eagle F1s on mine. Would never go back to a budget tyre after owning these they're absolutely awesome, no matter how fast you take your car round a bend it seems this will stop it doing anything you wouldn't want. Paired with lowering makes for some excellent handling.;)

DMWRIGHT
Bronze Member

Post by DMWRIGHT »

Interesting thread for me in my current situation, have had 2 sets of GSD3's on the polo thought this time I'd try something new, went for some Yoko's and so far so good I'd say they were more grippy than the GSD3's. However, haven't had them in the wet and the road level noise is a lot higher,

Full review coming when I've done more than 50 miles on them :)
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

thanks for all your advice guys - have ordered four Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's - should get em next eek, then can refurb my alloys - should be fun