strut brace

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
cruisin_chris
Getting There!

strut brace

Post by cruisin_chris »

looking at strut braces for my 6n 1.48v, iv seen few on ebay, but will the 16v ones fit my 8v?? surely they the same?? :?
spot_on_jon
Bronze Member

Post by spot_on_jon »

yea i thought that.....
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Nope, 16v won't fit 8v, and 8v won't fit 16v
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

I had an 8V strut brace a while ago that I bought from ebay.....then sold it on ebay cause I couldnt be arsed to drill holes to fit it :oops:
cruisin_chris
Getting There!

Post by cruisin_chris »

hhmmm, so i definetly need 8v one?? any ideas where best to get, Venom motorsport be good??

http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop/Sus ... index.html
wils0n86
Bronze Member

Post by wils0n86 »

Ive got FK front and rear struts
spot_on_jon
Bronze Member

Post by spot_on_jon »

whats the difference between a lower front strut brace and a upper front strut brace??

not so good wid this stuff :oops:
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

On the Lupo the washer bottle is in the way so if you fit a strut braceyu have to remove it every time you want to fill the bottle up :(
Is this not the same with the Polo?
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

Tigz wrote:On the Lupo the washer bottle is in the way so if you fit a strut braceyu have to remove it every time you want to fill the bottle up :(
Is this not the same with the Polo?
only for the 6n2 it gets in the way i think :cry:

-Ben-
wils0n86
Bronze Member

Post by wils0n86 »

I had to had a bottle relocated when i had mine fitted, its not the washer bottle but i cant remember which one it was off the top of my head, ill check later though. in with the FK strut there was a mounting plate, which attatched tot he same fixing in the car, it just held the bottle further down.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

spot_on_jon wrote:whats the difference between a lower front strut brace and a upper front strut brace??

simple said the lower front strut brace is the only one you will notice in a Polo while driving on the road. Upper one will only be noticible on race-tracks (during real curbe-bending etc.)
spot_on_jon
Bronze Member

Post by spot_on_jon »

JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:
spot_on_jon wrote:whats the difference between a lower front strut brace and a upper front strut brace??

simple said the lower front strut brace is the only one you will notice in a Polo while driving on the road. Upper one will only be noticible on race-tracks (during real curbe-bending etc.)
so in normal terms as a normal road user i would used a lower front brace, kool any1 know any sites where 8v braces can be found??
jeci26
New

strut brace

Post by jeci26 »

not sure if this will help, but i have a 1.6 8v 6n and will be fitting a strut brace to it next week, got it from bigboystoys or volksbits, cant remember. From the look of it will have a to take some stuff out then drill the holes, but nothing too complicated. Anyway will put up the pics and all
phat6n16v
Bronze Member

Post by phat6n16v »

the front upper isnt realy needed even in racing issues as it siffens the top truts of the supension when the body flexs alto very hard in most cars as they arnt bluit out of soft metal plus you need certen anmout of flex in the car for turning even in track cars.
the front lower is to stop the front wish bones from moving which is the most needed for road use it would stop tyres from wearing easy as there is no movement allowed, and for track use you can still use your steering at high speeds.
If any ones after a 8V upper i have one for sale in red made by FK open to offers.