Noise on start up???????

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
JamesRees05
New

Noise on start up???????

Post by JamesRees05 »

hi, when my car has been left standing for a good couple of hours, when i fire it up its making a weird noise for a split second then go's, but when i start the car the rest of the day the noise doesn t occur. i have recently changed the water pump and timing belt and distributer cap and rotar arm, i don t know if this has something to do with it, please help with some ideas?????
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

Had the same prob on mine, sounded like an old tractor on start up in the morning, was fine for the rest of the day. Did an oil change and the noise hasn't come back.
Essex6N
Getting There!

Post by Essex6N »

I’ve got the same problem, first I thought it was the manifold but it could be the tappets, ill definitely try changing the oil because it’s really getting on my nerves.
cruisin_chris
Getting There!

Post by cruisin_chris »

is it a grinding noise for say a second? then goes normal, could be your starter, i had this problem, it will be find to needs replaced for good, drive away at it! 8)
JamesRees05
New

Post by JamesRees05 »

could it be something to do with my rotar arm and distributer cap?
JamesRees05
New

Post by JamesRees05 »

i think it is a starter motor :evil:, where would u guys say would be the best place to get it from? how much do they cost? and how easy r they to fit?
JamesRees05
New

Post by JamesRees05 »

i think it is a starter motor :evil:, where would u guys say would be the best place to get it from? how much do they cost? and how easy r they to fit?