Finishing touches...

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

polosilver wrote:Na, they got to spray upto the windows, then you get all kinds of problems like overspray and pealing...
With Diamond Black, because its a pearlescent paint, it would be pretty obvious where the car had been sprayed after smoothing the car as the paint looks fresher and more vibrant - in good light and when clean, the flecks in the paint on the front of my car are far newer looking where I had my front bumper replaced, and bumper, bonnet and wings sprayed.

So to have the front and rear bumpers smoothed wouldn't be too bad (could get away with having just the bumpers resprayed and refitted) but to have the sides smoothed as well would probably facilitate a complete respray to get a good finish :?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I may just get the back done and leave the sides then :cry:

Too much wonga.
mk4polo
Getting There!

Post by mk4polo »

when i build my mk4 polo, i had the rub strips revomed..
they are only stuck on the mk4 but you could see a very faint line where they had been...
when i took it for its smoothing etc, i asked them to blow over that area, what they ended up doing was removing the rear side windows and blowing in the whole side (infact the only pannel that wasnt painted in the end was the roof)
if its done like that, rather than masked upto the windows, peeling etc isnt an issue

If they are going to mix paint for the bumper, you may as well jus save that little bit extra and just get it all done....youll only end up doing it in the future and it will cost you more overall...

ive been there, and learnt the hard (aka more expensive) way :lol:

mark
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

polopowah wrote:an exhaust? :twisted:

-Ben-
i second that :P
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

carmadaaron wrote:
polopowah wrote:an exhaust? :twisted: