Crash

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Crash

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Just thought I'd share this all with you, as it's the worst accident I've seen (although I didn't actually see it happen)

Basically I work for Anglian Water at their Treatment works in Bedford, and as I was leaving today noticed a hell of a lot of traffic out the front, as I got to the end of the road it became apparent why it was all there.

I could see the cab of a lorry in the left lane, a car on the opposite side of the road as it should be, but with something pretty much the same as this on it's bonnet *EDIT* Basically it looked as though the trailer had came off and the car went into it!

It turns out the driver of the car is a 27yr old woman who had her 2yr old kid with her, the kid is fine but the woman apparently is seriously injured.

Hopefully she'll pull through ok so her kid will still have a mum.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by ModifiedMadness on Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

sheize
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

the worst i ever saw and i was well fortunate that i wasnt involved - largly cos i was taking someone to manchester airport to catch a plane was when a lorry towing a trailer jackknifed on a joining road to the m60 infront of me

before the road joins the m60 theres a central reservation thingy going on

and as i was going past, the now sideways lorry, it went through the motorway barriers and into the lane i was just in (only now about 10 car lengths behind me)

had me pooing for ages
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

Sounds nasty! :shock:

While we're on the subject, take a look at this

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvid ... 97C005.htm

:(
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

wtf happened there... and where did the other one come from... hah
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

:shock: holy crashing lorrys batman!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

not sure if this has been on here before but:

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvid ... CCF86D.htm
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

mysteryboy wrote:wtf happened there... and where did the other one come from... hah

wtf where did the other lorry come from?
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

bloody firefox and bloody numpties who make websites it can't look at.

google videos and youtube work fine so why not this streetfire BS

... anyway, did any more news from that accident ever surface, or was it not considered enough of a f**kup to make the local headlines? I'd imagine someone's got a P45 out of it for sure...

Fingers crossed not seen anything of that ilk myself, apart from the odd todger brain trying to wreck my own motor in various mild ways (and the loon who decided to give me a road rage chase down the M42 at 110mph last week - I was laughing my t**s off even whilst simultanously bricking it... bloody idiot he was). Law of averages means it can't be too long, though.

edit: and the gimp in the big super-tall red van who tried pull out from a parking spot right into the FRONT of me (him parked on his right-side of the road), and wreck the car a mile and a half into a 100-mile jaunt, requiring swift wheel-twizzle and brake jiggling action... twit!
Last edited by Tahrey1043 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

If you mean the one I posted Tahrey, apparently she was taken off the critical list, she managed to escape with cuts and bruises some how.

And if it's the tanker driver I think it was, he's still working for them. I should imagine the company got a hefty fine though.
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

That's like good and bad all in one go. Overwhelmingly positive this time, though :)
Aphex
Bronze Member

Post by Aphex »

i witnessed a bud crash into the side of boots at the county mall in crawley in 2002 from my office window. That was pretty hectic. It killed a pensioner!