What happened to Project Boulevard? *SOLD*

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
SpikeyG40

What happened to Project Boulevard? *SOLD*

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Hello all,

Some of the members of the forum who have been on here for some time, will know that I started on the polo scene a while before the G40 that I have now. I actually started with a mk2 sqaureback which I learnt to drive in and used for the first year of my motoring carrier! I still have the mk2 squareback and it will hopefully be re-appearing this year as a daily driver!
However, a year went by and I bought a mk3 Boulevard Coupe for £100. it used to be a well loved car but over the period of a year, the owner had lost interest and vandalism meant it was in a bit of a bad way.

Some previous pictures of the car:

Anyway, I used this car for a couple of years, doing odds and sods to it, then bought the G40 and then so called “project Boulevardâ€
Last edited by SpikeyG40 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
polofresh
Bronze Member

Post by polofresh »

That looks sweet dude with a bit of tlc and an mot and tax it will make someone a great first car :D

What size engine is it?

That first pic looks well sweet 8)
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

i really liked your Boulevard, always looked nice & clean :) i had always wondered wot happened to it, just seemed 2 dissappear one day

anyway, good luck with the sale, should make a great wee car for some1
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

I was wondering what had happened to it.

Did you ever get around to fitting my old clocks?
adrian_mk3
Getting There!

Post by adrian_mk3 »

I can't believe it been a year since you got your g40, it only seems like a couple of months
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

polofresh wrote:Wot size engine is it?
its a baby 1.0l mate

ah project boulevard!!!! wot a beast!!! shame the exhaust fell off !!!! ehehe

she was/is a lovely little car, always very reliable!!!

those pictures bring me right back to the days of the doug&dan era!!!

(the silver mk5 in the first pic was my old beast :( )
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Looks really nice in the first 4 pics!!

Coming along nicely too! 8)
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Krupa wrote:Did you ever get around to fitting my old clocks?
i still have them, but haven't fitted them :oops: not sure if i will now, i'd like to but its more hassle and the car is taking up vital space! :roll:

thanks for all your comments! no more progress on the car at the moment due to awaiting parts for VW. Bumps stops, nuts etc.

shouldn't be long till she is complete! :wink:
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

right, little bit of an update for you guys.

the project is nearing completion. front suspension is all back together, such an improvement, i'm really looking forward to taking it out for a spin. oil change has been carried out too.

all that is really left to do is give it a dam good clean, change a rear wheel bearing, and refit a headlight. (headlight mounting nabbed for the G40 for the MOT. some new clear side repeators as the old ones have gone green and finally its own MOT and tax and then she is complete. oh, and a new battery is needed, that one is completely dead, note the jump starter in the pic below! the plan then is to have it up for sale while i use it and the supercharger on the G gets a birthday!

I did have someone in line to have the old girl, but she has pulled out so i'm going to have to find someone who is interested!

anyway, some new pics:

excuse the grubbyness, i'll get some decent pics when she is on the road and clean!

Comments welcome.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

well, the time has come, and Project B has gone! Sold yesturday for £620 :shock:

Well, after a few issues with the G40, i needed a car to get myself around and with only a week to go before GTI international, i needed a car to get me there and put on the stand! so Project B was sprung into life, whisked down to the garage for a centre exhaust box fit and a clean bill of health in the form of an MOT and i was back up and running! it felt so good getting her back on the road, and now having the ability to get to the up and coming shows! :wink:

anyway, now that the G40 is fixed (well kind of) Project B is surplus to requirments and my idea from the start was to sell it once all the jobs had been done, so, yesturday, the new owner came down with the greens and the deal was done.

anyway, here are my last pictures of Project B as she is!

Project B @ Inters

Project B and My G40

Goodbye Project B! :cry: i have to admit, she did look so nice when she was driving away! :wink:

just a little extra, here are some pics of what she used to be:

http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/doug_and ... avard.html

Comments welcome! :)
Last edited by SpikeyG40 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelG40
Gold Member

Post by DelG40 »

Actually looks like a really nice car that. Not too much, not too little. Nice wee Polo, and a bargain for who bought it at £620
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

was a really nice little car, lets hope the new owner looks after like doug has!!
shame i didn't see it go as i was in Malta!
adrian_mk3
Getting There!

Post by adrian_mk3 »

The person who brought it was my mate Scott from Coventry. Its gone to a very good home. Its going to start of as a daily drive as his Golf is costing too much to drive to and from work.

He also some plans for the old girl, but thats all under waps at the moment, but I'll keep everyone posted on her progress.
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Glad it's gone to a good home.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

A really smart car!