Door Strips.....help

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Westside
New

Post by Westside »

Yeh thnx for the help ^^ But unfortunately i dont have a heat gun OR a hair dryer. I reckon i'll have to scrape the sticky bits off with a card...
H20LYY
New

Post by H20LYY »

Im thinking about just getting mine painted? was gonna take them off aswell but knowing my luck some idiot will open there car door and bump mine next time i go to the shops!
RR Livi
Bronze Member

Post by RR Livi »

When i was de-badging the boot, i used a caramel wheel that the guys use in the paintshop in my work, works a treat :D
scotia_polo
Bronze Member

Post by scotia_polo »

CymruPolo wrote:
H20LYY wrote:Im thinking about just getting mine painted? was gonna take them off aswell but knowing my luck some idiot will open there car door and bump mine next time i go to the shops!
Lol yeah mate ever since taking my door strips of I have become so paranoid about parking the car. I just try to leave plently of space between the cars but there always that paranoia that your going to come back to your with a big dent in your car :(
DooG
New

Post by DooG »

kellte of boiling water and fishing reel is the way fwd like, no risk of damaginf paint with heat from hair dryer...glue comes off pretty easy....did it to the punto b4 the arguement with volvo now in process of doin it to polo takes mere mins
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

the car looks alot nicer without the strips
DooG
New

Post by DooG »

ahh...jus took the strips off one side of me car...the glue is practically welded on nd solid! even with kettle water poured over small areas for quite a while, where as the letterin glue went soft, wot a gutter haha ahhhh! any ideas? clumps are too big for tar remover to work

cheers
H20LYY
New

Post by H20LYY »

CymruPolo wrote:
H20LYY wrote:Im thinking about just getting mine painted? was gonna take them off aswell but knowing my luck some idiot will open there car door and bump mine next time i go to the shops!
That's exactly why I don't take mine off, they're colour coded anyway so it doesn't really matter :)
Lucky you! I guess they are there for a reason, so no point removing them! Im hopefully gonna get my bumpstrips n handles done this week, I was kinda worried that the paint might chip if they did get bashed, but the guy whos doing them assured me they wont due to the special primer they use or something! who knows...Ill trust him!