squeaky chair !

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
BLACK6N_POLO
Silver Member

squeaky chair !

Post by BLACK6N_POLO »

hello everyone

can you help please

i have a 6n 1.0L on my drivers side chair on the upper right hand bolster (right shoulder) when it is lent on squeaks-- i assume this is the wire/mesh springs inside how can i stop this annoying thing happening

thnks in advance.
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

Alrite mate, i had the same problem but with the fornt passenger side seat and nearer the bottom of the seat.

My used to squek alot but not as much now. i didnt do anything to it i think its just wear and tear you have to expect. but i think the only way to completely get rid of the sound is to buy new seats !

I cant think of any way of neatly gettin into the chair and oiling, lubricated the hinges springs etc.

Hope that helps, probs doesnt ! :?
P20 DUB
Bronze Member

Post by P20 DUB »

i attacked mine with lots of wd40 wen that happened to mine :lol:
char
Bronze Member

Post by char »

my boyf had that problem in his golf, so he bought bucket seats :roll: a squeaky chair is not a good enough reason to spend a fortune on bucket seas imo
hafpolo
New

Post by hafpolo »

the handle on the seat of my polo doesnt allow for the chair to be folded forward, i think the link from the handle to the latch holding the seat in the right position is prolly broken, can this be fixed or do i need new seats?