Just kerbed my alloy :( - Can I do a DIY repair?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

it all depends how deep it is.

if its only light try sanding the marks off and slowley getting finer grades till you cant see it. then repaint it the same colour or polish it up.
vdubyabush
Silver Member

Post by vdubyabush »

i kurbed my lenso and that was gona cost me 150 to stick it right so i had to get a new one for 110 :| wasnt very happy...
willy g
Getting There!

Post by willy g »

I,ve seen far worse than this repaired. I myself have had worse repaired for thirty quid a rim. The place i used is in liverpool though so bit out your way. I would imagine somewhere else would touch that up though
warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

the seccond one is easy.

whip the tyre off. ( big crobar needed or get a tyre place to do it. ) sand out the mark with 240 grit working towards the finer grits 1500. then paint to match the wheel or laqure if its a bare metal finish.

the first one whip out your grandads metalwork file and smooth it then take it down with sandpaper. and finish off as above.

or take it to a wheel place and get done for £30-50
DooG
New

Post by DooG »

yea most non mainstream garages will recondition it for 15-30 quid
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

my dad managed to repair my superleggeras when HE curbed them for the first time (he was getting my car outta the way of dougs, complete accident), he felt very guilty, but it wasn't that bad!!

he just sanded it with wet and dry paper, coarse stuff at first then some finer stuff until the curbed area was nice and smooth.
then he primed the area and then painted it!
i had the anthracite superleggeras so he was able to make up the paint quite easily!!

hope this helps and that u get it sorted soon mate :D