Best way to remove white polish marks from rubbing strips??

Detailing & Bodywork
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Bumper snot has never worked for me in getting the polish marks off the trim, so I'm using it as an excuse to get it all colour coded.
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I found if you use Autoglym vinyl and rubber care with a small brush, and then a compound it works a treat :idea:

Also this stuff is great for the dash etc. MUCH better than those awful sprays which smell like apple etc!!

I use it on my tyres too, but as any tyre black it looks great for a day or so, but attracts double the brake dust. I found the best thing is to use it every other time when cleaning wheels.
Ian
Bronze Member

Post by Ian »

You could try this stuff:
http://www.simplegreen.co.uk/haushalt_09.php.htm

or you could try this:
http://properautocare.com/reswhitstain.html

Or you could try nail varnish remover...it contains acetone, but for heavens sake (it does work btw) don't get it on your paint whatever you do....[/b]
Bushy
New

Post by Bushy »

Well too things, dont use Autoglym, that gets rid of the white dust and some of the marks, secondly Meguiars do a deep vinyl cleaner which is awesome at removing the polish/wax marks

ALternatively take great care when applying polish/wax

Or lastly try a toothbrush with normal car shampoo

Good luck
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Never found back to black to be much cop... it blacked everything up for a day or two (NOT fixing the white blotches) then faded real quick. Love to colour code them now with some leftover paint but of course theres all that silicone crap all over and even the primer probably wouldnt stick :(
robbiehall
Getting There!

Post by robbiehall »

I used tyre black to good effedt. Just painted it on. Or shoe polish one time...

Cheers
Rob