New Polo GT Announced...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mole
Admin

New Polo GT Announced...

Post by mole »

Volkswagen announces the German-market Polo GT

The new Polo GT (hinting at the idea that VW may be saving the GTi badge for a properly hotted-up version), debuts this year with a highly dynamic engine. The 130bhp 1.9 TDI accelerates the most sporty Polo to a maximum speed of over 130 mph with a 6 speed 'box. Sports suspension and alloy wheels provide a stylish appearance and good roadholding, while the sports seats and slightly modified interior trim ensure an equally sporty feel in the vehicle interior.

The GT does however, still have unpainted door handles, rubbing strips and mirror caps!

From the start of 2004 the Polo GT will also be available with three 1.4-litre petrol engines – 75 hp, FSI 86 hp and 100 hp – as well as two further TDI engines with 75 hp and 100 hp.

From the outside the Polo GT makes itself unknown. Only the badges front and rear, point to the performance under the bonnet along with darkened rear lights and side repeaters.

ImageImageImage

Now the question on everybodies mind.... Is it coming to the UK? We'll have to wait and see!
polomk6
Getting There!

Post by polomk6 »

I hope so!
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

Volkswagen announces the German-market Polo GT
The new Polo GT (hinting at the idea that VW may be saving the GTi badge for a properly hotted-up version), debuts this year with a highly dynamic engine.quote]

:lol: Your right here I've manage to find the new GTI online looks sweet 8) . Will Add to the post this afternoon.
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

:D Hey everyone this is the beast I saw online, they looking at a 180PS petrol engine and a 130PS on the TDI engine.

I'll be buying one of these :!: 8)
dxg

Post by dxg »

I hate to say it, but that is definately *not* the 9n GTI. It's an old photoshop of what was rumoured to be a Polo-based spyder that first came out around 18months ago.

The image has been debated long and hard (on this board, vwvortex and polo9n) and the conclusion is that it's not related to the 9n. The most likely thing it was going to turn into has been announced as a Golf mk5 based spyder at the Frankfurt motorshow, leaving this a dead concept. Plus, if you look at the sills, wheels, brakes and front valance, you'll realise that the bottom of the photoshop is actually a Lupo Gti.

Shame, really - I was hoping you'd come come up with some new info. As much as anyone, I'm desparately waiting for info on a 9n GTi...

Deek.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

Oh well I've been out done by a Photoshop Pic. :oops:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Official VW Words:

Compact sports diesel – The Polo now with the powerful 96 kW / 130 PS TDI engine

High-performance diesel engine makes the Polo both sporty and economical

Wolfsburg.
In the form of the 96 kW / 130 PS TDI a new sporting highlight has been added at the top of the Polo engine range.

The powerful diesel is one of a choice of nine engines available for this successful compact car. Five petrol- and four diesel-engines not only cover a power range from 40 kW / 55 PS to 96 kW / 130 PS, they also offer a remarkable variety of engine technology: starting from the inexpensive 1.2-litre three-cylinder, through the 1.4-litre FSI with its innovative petrol direct injection, up to the new muscular TDI.
Alongside its high power output, the modern turbodiesel's most impressive asset is its powerful torque of 310 Nm at just 1900 rpm. The Polo owes these enormous performance figures to the latest engine technology. Heart of this engine is the so-called pump-injector, which ensures excellent fuel atomisation and effective combustion by injecting diesel into the combustion chambers at pressures of up to 2000 bar.
The powerful diesel engine already provides ample performance in the larger Volkswagen models Bora, Passat and Sharan.

In the comparatively light Polo, the result is a small sports car: with the six-speed manual-gearbox (standard fitting) the compact Volkswagen accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 9.3 seconds and peaks at a maximum speed of 206 km/h (128 mph).

As you would expect from a TDI, the dynamic Polo's fuel consumption is impressively low (combined fuel consumption 5.0 l/100 km) despite it's outstanding performance.

The 96 kW / 130 PS TDI is available in the Polo, Polo Comfortline and Polo Highline, with two or four doors. Alongside the generous standard specification (including ABS, driver and front passenger airbags, driver and front passenger side airbags, electric/hydraulic power steering) the powerful Polo is also equipped with ESP, sports suspension and 195/55 R 15 tyres to match its high performance.

The new Polo model is priced from 15,680 euros.