New Member seeking Advise(Lancashire)

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
PoloRick
New

New Member seeking Advise(Lancashire)

Post by PoloRick »

I have finally got myself a VW after driving many a other make for 2 many years!!!
Got it real cheap so has now got the nickname junkyard dog from the boys, 93 quid on ebay with tax n MOT!!

So now here i go, Im planning to use this as a daily driver for when i start uni but want it to stand out a bit, so i was wondering if anyone can help me out with a few things, Ive already changed the coulor with the help of a tin of Black Smoothrite n a brush!! Ive wet sanded it back n polished it and its looking good! (I dont advise this it took three weeks to wet sand it smooth!!)

1. Will MK3 bumpers fit my loverly MK2 E plate?

2. Ive been offered a full coupe interior from a MK3 but is it a straight swap item?

3. I have a set of twin webbers of a MK2 Astra 1.3 and the hole patterns match the VW manifold only prob is the throttle linkage, there arnt any holes in the manifold for this to bolt to, any ideas? Thought about drilling and tapping holes but im woried about the thickness of the manifold wall other than that i could make some sort of bracket for it to clamp onto the manifold, or is there a manifold out there i could get hold of to do the job??

4. Any one know who makes a cheap performance exaust system, How much are they roughly?

5. Are there any speciialist VW breakers in Lancashire i can visit for spares???

Thanks to anyone who can help its much appreciated as a VW novice like myself!!

Ta Rick
WildChild
Silver Member

Post by WildChild »

MK3 Bumpers will fit onto your MK2, however they will require slight modification to the mounts (nothing major) - if you look through this forums post, there is a very nice MK2 with Mk3 bumpers that was recently posted - might want to message the owner.

As for exhausts, check out the Jackson Tuning SubForum on ClubPolo.co.uk:
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... opic=35534

I'm getting one myself, just waiting confirmation that it will fit my Squareback :) - Bout £100

I'm not totally sure bout the twin webbers i dont know enough about them unfortunately, but if what you say is true and its just moutning holes, as long as your drilling doesnt effect the carbs themselves you should be ok.

Hope this helps..
PoloRick
New

Post by PoloRick »

Thanks for that mate,

I found the car you were on about and it looks good so ive made my mind up im gona have to get a set!!

Then again the polo with no bumpers looks proper mean but not sure how the back would look!

Ta Rick
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

seats will fit no doubt mate, thought the throttle linkage was on the carb?
PoloRick
New

Post by PoloRick »

The throttle linkage runs into the carb to control the valve but the other end of the linkage which connects to the accelerator cable has a bracket which sticks out to the side with part of the linkage bolted to it.
On the vaux manifold which it came off there was a place to bolt the bracket to so it all worked fine, on the VW manifold their arnt any bolt holes there!
So anyway im not sure what to do now, do i modify the bracket or the manifold or try and find a VW manifold with the bolt holes in??

HELP!!!!
k4lps
Bronze Member

Post by k4lps »

i been looking at jetex webside and the do stainless steel strights and bends and backboxes if you want cheep then you should have a look at there custon pipes i'll post a link up when i get to my pc