scorpion 1315-T2 alarm help

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
i_am_ray
Bronze Member

scorpion 1315-T2 alarm help

Post by i_am_ray »

hey guys, im new to all this. firs time driver and recently bought a VW polo MKIV.
it had an alarm upgrade fitted by the previous owner and the only thing he told me about it was which one of the 2 buttons armed the device. and even that was vague.
i had a problem not so long ago with the alarm, it became slow and less responsive. then it just stopped working altogether. the fobs are fine and i know its the alam itself because the over ride key no longer does anything either when inserted into the slot.
i was thinkin it could be the fuse. but today i found a small move box that looked sort of like a PC port for connecting to a different device.
this was below the cd player and the air con controls in the ash tray. i pulled out the tray and behind this was a small square hole where the move box was sitting.

anyway i basically yanked it about a bit and the alarm started working again! i got out locked the doors and armed the alarm, then i opened the door to make sure the alarm went off and it just did nothing and resorted back to its previous state.
does anyone have any ideas of what i can do?!
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

check all the connections sounds like suminks loose or a dodgey ground?
i_am_ray
Bronze Member

Post by i_am_ray »

hmmm well i dont really know what im doing :oops:
i can see the alarm siren under the bonnet, and the cables appear to go through the panel into the interior behind the dash board, but i tried unscrewing the passenger side glovebox etc. but it wouldnt budge so i gave up. im not even sure if what im looking for is behind there :S
hey i dont even know WHAT im looking for.

help? :(
thanks
i_am_ray
Bronze Member

Post by i_am_ray »

please! lol