A quick question for those with a sachs clutch

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
thedees1
Sponsor

A quick question for those with a sachs clutch

Post by thedees1 »

I went into my local euro car parts today to enquire about getting one.

He had a look on he computer and says you have a choice of 2 which is correct. AVY ARC

My engine code is AVY he went away to look at the book and came back with "they dont do one for the AVY only the ARC engine code. I explained to him that fello polo owners have already got them fitted but he still insisted they dont do one.

can anyone help with part numbers etc or anywhere else i can get one

Thanks
theclient
Silver Member

Post by theclient »

i have a sachs but i also have an arc engine so im afraid i cant really help?

:?
Ant_43
Bronze Member

Post by Ant_43 »

Sorry to go off topic slightly, but as i'm in need of a new clutch, just wondering what is in the sachs clutch kit?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Ant_43 wrote:Sorry to go off topic slightly, but as i'm in need of a new clutch, just wondering what is in the sachs clutch kit?
It is what is says on the tin really, a clutch kit - you will need a new clutch cable from VW (or somewhere like VAGparts or GSF) and thats it really, sachs clutch kit plus a new cable and then you just need someone to fit it all!

I got the clutch cable from my VW dealership in the end, it was about £30.
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

Ant_43 wrote:Sorry to go off topic slightly, but as i'm in need of a new clutch, just wondering what is in the sachs clutch kit?
Pressure plate, release bearing and clutch plate.
Ant_43
Bronze Member

Post by Ant_43 »

Aha, thanks mate. Is there a kit that has a flywheel too, or, out of interest, is there an uprated flywheel available for the gti?

I'm not too good on engine areas of cars, as you can gather, probably too much gran turismo?
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

You don need an upgraded flywheel.
The only really thing to do wold be to get it lightened and balanced while you had the gearbox out.
1 GTI
Silver Member

Sachs clutch kit

Post by 1 GTI »

I changed my clutch about 3 weeks ago. I bought a Sachs clutch kit which includes, the clutch, pressure plate and release bearing. My pressure plate and clutch were fine, my bearing was wrecked though. Changed it all seems it was out. My engine code is AVY and I had my kit from euro parts, had no problem at all. Quote them your reg and your details will come up on screen, thats what I did. Good luck mate!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

how hard is this to fit?
1 GTI
Silver Member

Sachs

Post by 1 GTI »

The actual clutch is p*ss to fit, it's getting the box out is the problem, lol. Very small engine bay doesn't help
zahir_213
Silver Member

Post by zahir_213 »

anyone else noticed that these clutches seem soo light and the bite is very low, i had one fitted to a 1.9 sdi and its changed the clutch control completely